Thread: Things I Can Do With Grapefruit?

Default Things I Can Do With Grapefruit?

The woman I work with lives on a farm, and brings me in goodies every so often - the other day she gave me a bag of grapefruit! I'm not a huge fan of grapefruit, not straight anyway. But I'd like to make something with them that I could take in and share with everyone...

Does anyone have any suggestions for grapefruit recipes?

I was just saying today that I need to make my pink grapefruit teacake again, it is devine! It would work with regular grapefruit, or any citrus really... let me know if you would like me to find the recipe.

I just did a search on the Taste site and it came up with a few goodies...who knew you could do things with grapefruit..I only ever thought you could just eat them straight

A couple of them were: Caramelised grapefruit tart, grapefruit dressing (they had it with prosciutto wrapped chicken) and vinaigrette. Most of them just had it in a salad though.

The tart looked nice!

Its great for making marmalade - it has high levels of pectin so the marmalade sets very easily. There are lots of marmalade recipes online. Good luck and have fun!

Default Re:Things I Can Do With Grapefruit?

daintree dream, i'd love the recipe, that sounds devine!

Daintree Dream...im with PZ i'd love the recipe too!! sounds delicious!!!

What can you do with them? Chuck them in the bin.. LOL

I see people put sugar on them and eat them just by themselves though.

WHY do you live so far away from me?

I made a grapefruit parfait once. Grapefruit juice, sweetened to taste and set with agar agar (but you can use gelatine if you're normal) Grapefruit segments, beautifully cut and macerated with sweet champagne, a grapefruit syllabub (I did a vegan version, but again, you can be normal) and, I think, an oaty biscuit crumble, all layered in Moroccan tea glasses. Pretty and delicious.

Grapefruit juice and Gin are a wonderful match. I think. It's been a while... But grapefruit juice on its own is great too, although don't use it to wash down your vitamins, as it can interfere.

Quote Originally Posted by Arimeh's Eden View Post
    What can you do with them? Chuck them in the bin.. LOL
    when I was at uni (living on campus) they used to put out some grapefruit halves with breakfast...who knows why, i wouldn't imagine uni students would be very into grapefruit!