Thread: Valentines Day Food

Wink Valentines Day Food

Anyone doing any special valentines menu's this year?

I saw the cutest little heart cakes on Martha the other day (like the old fashioned lollies with "Be Mine" and similar sayings on them). You basically make a chocolate cake in a thin slab tin (like a lamington tin) and cut out heart shapes. Then put a bit of pink (or pastel green/yellow/orange etc) in some buttercream along with some cinnamon and use it as filling between two of the heart cake cut outs, then do a crumb coating, fridge for about 10 mins and then ice perfectly and then pipe out whatever cute messages you like VERY cute And they even put red food die in the cake batter to give that really red velvet look to the cake.

As for Dinner, I'm not sure... dunno if Marc's got something planned. But my thoughts are he hasn't... so I might suss out tomorrow what I'm going to do.

I'm trying to find the perfect Valentines Day Dessert too I'm thinking we'll have some Yellowglen Bella (which is a sweeter sparkling... and it pink too!)

So what are your plans if you have them

*hugs*
    Cailin

DH is apparently making me dinner but i have to choose what i want lol. Dont know what i want though.

Those cakes sound nice. I'm getting some strawberries and dipping them in white chocolate and then dark chocolate.

We don;t really "do" Valentine's Day, but I have some chicken livers to make home made pate, and some nice cheeses.....

I might bother my arse to make Melba toast too......DH loves it, but I find it a hot faff to make it usually.....but I will make the effort!

We will have a "picnic" dinner with a gorgeous bottle of Margeret River Rose to wash it down...........

I'm getting the Varekai tickets as my Valentines Day present (yay). On Wednesday though we'll probably just have a late supper.

I don't drink any alcohol, but we'll probably share a can of coke, lol.

how about some good quality vanilla ice cream softened at room temp, with fresh raspberries stirred thru, then put into a mold - heart shaped? - and put back into the freezer to set.

Mmmm, sounds yummy.

Lucy, Love the idea of home made pate and cheese too.

Only if you mix in some crushed up meringues too Thats my fave semifreddo... raspberries and merigues, and if feeling a little good you could write messages on the over turned hearts in either chocolate or raspberry sauce

*hugs*
    Cailin

I'm coming over to crash your valentines dinner Cai. Hope Marc wont mind! Nor you! LOL

DH has to work all day tomorrow and then be at Uni by 5:30 so we'll probably be having take away for dinner... IF he's a good boy I *might* get up and make him some heart shaped pancakes for breakfast or an omlette.... I might make some heart shaped biccies for him tonight and put them in his lunch box...

Well.. i will be on my own LOL.. DH is away working out of town as usual... he will also be away for our wedding ann & Alexas first B.day... total bummer... but we will have to do something belated instead!!!!!

I think I will treat myself to a meal of chinese hehehe.....

I was thinking of chucking a roast in the slow cooker and then maybe some homemade mousse and strawberries. Going to be a stretch as I don't get home until after 5pm and am buggered from working all day. Hope he appreciates it!
    Have a good V Day girls and hope you all get a nice special something

Well the plans are set here & cooking is almost finished. No romantic dinner for two though, our little monkey will be joining us (not that I care).

For dinner we are having fresh chicken kiev, corn on the cob, peas, honeyed carrots & my funky potato bake. For dessert we'll be having Cailin's Semifreddo (ice cream with crushed up meringue & mixed berries) with homemade chocolate sauce & I'm going to attempt to make chocolate hearts later.

In case anyone wondered my potato bake is this - sweet potato sprinkled with garlic granules & cinnamon, then coconut cream poured on & topped with grated cheese. Sound odd I know, but tastes great

Kaitlyn is bed and we have ordered take away chinese..mmmmmmm.

DH got me a lovely bunch of flowers and a card which was nice though!.