Thread: Clothes for an 8yo

Default Clothes for an 8yo

Not sure if this in the right place, please move me if it isn't

Anyway... I've been looking for what seems like forever for a semi formal, dressy but causally jacket for DS(8)!

I want something blazerish but in a causal fabric, oh I don't know how to explain it. I have in my mind what I want and I saw something ages ago and didn't buy it

I've looked in EVERY local shop, I've searched and searched the net with no luck.

Anyway see anything that would fit the bill? We have a couple of things coming up where I really don't want him to have to wear a "hoodie" and his formal suit type jacket is too formal!

Thanks for any help

Myer seems to have more 'poncy' kid's clothes than the other shops, they have quite a range of party and formal stuff ... but I admit I look in the girl's section not the boys, my boy is about the size (and shape) of a basketball so he's not off to anything more upmarket yet

Have you checked "Industrie for kids"?? i get alot of my boys formal casual wear from them they can be pricy but its a quality well paid for.. they have a website and alot of the actual shops opening up around too... GL

I tired myer, they were either too formal or very casual.

I wouldn't worry about it but last time we went out somewhere "smart casual" he said he felt uncomfortable wearing his hoodie because no one else was.

Thanks ladies, might go for a drive tomorrow and try David Jones!

Also seems to be mostly summer things now, which I find strange, still very cold at night especially here near the beach!