Thread: Is he just being naughty or is it Puberty?

Default Is he just being naughty or is it Puberty?

My son is in grade 6 and his moods have changed severely over the past few months. He is VERY argumentative and emotional at the moment and can be quite nasty to his sister which is out of character for him. He can't even look at his sister without lashing out at her either physically or verbally. He has also been causing a bit of trouble at school which isn't like him either. I am at my wits end!

I've been wondering if this could be the onset of Puberty? He isn't going through any physical changes at the moment that I have noticed. He doesn't hide his body and allows me to walk in the bathroom while he's showering and dressing. He has stacked on quite a bit of weight recently.

What do you think?

I'd say it's the start of puberty. My DS was very similar two years ago, his behaviour changed, very moody, fighting with his siblings which was very out of character for him. There is really no advice I can give you except be patient with him. Good luck.

Regards,
    Dianne

Having taught yr 6 its definitely hormones, they seem to have a surge around then and its really commmon to behave that way sadly!

There is an AWESOME book called Raising Boys - go geddit, it covers all this stuff.

OHH I've heard of that book. But heard mixed reviews on it so wasn't sure whether to read it or not.

Oh no way! Its awesome, I can't believe anyone wouldn't like it lol!