Thread: Now I know what DD9 meant by "I can control her"

Default Now I know what DD9 meant by "I can control her"

DD9 has her friend over today, if any of you remember the little girl we had stay with us for a few weeks a while back. She has a brain injury from birth so has slight learning difficulties. Anyway they wanted to ride the scooters on the footpath but I was a bit weary of DD's friend as she could just easily take off. We live 3 houses from the corner and DD knows she can go up to the corner and 3 houses the other way. I watched them initially and all was fine. Came inside and a few min later they walk in and DD's friend said to me "where are the lollypops"? I said sorry we don't have any. DD told me her friend went around the corner and DD had called her but she wouldn't come back so she yelled out "lets go home and get the lollypops". DD appologized for lying and said it was the only thing to make her come back. So that's what she meant when she had said to me that she could control her friend . They are now inside playing happily.

Regards,
    Dianne

Wow that's quite clever!

Clever little munchkin! Good on her

Couldn't help but laugh when she said sorry for lying.

Regards,
    Dianne

How very clever and quick witted of her.

Good on her!

Quite impressed that your DD not only thought on her feet, but knew that she was telling a little white lie for a good reason and acknowledged it - that's a smart cookie you have on your hands there!