Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking and Craftwork General Chatter - August/Sep 2005

Default Scrapbooking and Craftwork General Chatter - August/Sep 2005

Welcome to the Scrapbooking and Craftwork thread!

There are so many of us members (or should I say 'creative geniuses') that have passions for scrapbooking, quilting or other craftworks, that we have created this thread for everyone to be able to come and discuss their crafts and share ideas around with everyone.

mooshie Guest

sarah

on lani's first page of her album i used black - then i traced a circle on the page with a dinner plate and i used bits of square cut pale pink valum over solid pinks and lilacs, i put the square's around the circle (circle used as a template) in a diamond sort of shape then i put a lovely professional photo in black and white of lani taken at 3 days old in the middle.

at the bottom of the circle i used lilac tiles and put her name with pink lettering on the tiles ie there was 1 tile for each letter. it is a very plain type of page with no journelling or anything but just sort of like a header page iykwim - over the page is the film strip one i did - so it all leads into the album quite nicely.

a thought on zanders easter page - grey would be lovely and don't be afraid to use a bit of pink on the page (grey and pink are nice together) especially pale pink. alot of my friends have used pinks on there boy pages - i unfortunately have a son that only dresses in blues or reds lol - is album pages look all the same with bright colours.

oh i shouldn't have read this thread i am getting all inspired again lol.

LOL at this thread making you inspired!! I actually have lots of pastels going onto Zander's easter page & there are some pink bits in there too. His granma page is actually pink with red embellishments, I was a bit nervous of having a pink page in a boy's album but it turned out great.

mooshie Guest

yeah sarah thats why i thought i would mention it, as i know a couple of my friends had some great photos of their boys and using the pink looked really good - they too were nervous at the start but the pages turned out lovely - one was really good it was hot pink, with greens and blues, sounds yucky but it looked lovely.

santa bought jay a pink shirt for xmas today so hopefully in scrapping pages to come i may be able to use a different colour in his album lol

Wow you girls sound like you are doing amazing things! I am jealous!LOL

Sarah it would be a great idea to bring your album!

Nothing to add from my side atm, all I've done all day is much around with our ebay stuff as we are trying to enter all our stock on ebay ARRRGH! Takes forever. We see so many great things from our suppliers, but so far I haven't had any time to use them.LOL Typical.

I must look into the pinks for boys at some stage, I know who will kick up the most, and it won't be the boy, rather the big daddy!LOL

Cheers Michelle

tiggy Guest

When I'm scrapping for the boys, I try to keep it as masculine as possible but I love blossoms and have used denim ones and blue tinted ones on their pages and it looks fine, not too girly at all!

I like the idea of the blue & denim tinted blossoms Tiff, I might have to use that one!

Well I had said that noone was going to see Zander's album until his chritening in a few weeks (that's why I'm madly going, I want to have heaps done by then), but I caved last night! I just had to show my mum and sisters while I was there for dinner! I have never ever heard my mum say that she likes a photo with her in it, buuuut she absoluetly adores the granma page I did & loves the photo. So I'm thinking I might have to recreate it & frame it for her for Christmas.....

I agree Tiff the denim sounds fine for the boys. What did your DH say?

Sarah- how wonderful to get such positive feedback and that is such a lovely idea recreating it as a gift for your MUm.

Best wishes michelle

tiggy Guest

Michelle,
    DH is funny, he doesn't say much at all but when I don't scrap for a while he gets antsy and starys asking when I'll do more pages. He likes looking at the girls' pages most and feels embarrased about pages I've done on him. He doesn't mind the flowers, or at least he doesn't comment either way!! LOL!

OOOhhh hope you don't mind me dropping in, I am sucking up all your creative juices..I will just sit in the new persons seat and watch in awe!
    As a scrap booking novice, I am pleased that I have finally found a store that is going to pull the creativeness out of me (kicking and screaming).lol
    Bec

LOL Bec!!

Weeelll I've decided to definately buy the sizzix machine \/ Mum offered to buy it for me for Christmas, but I said I'll buy it with the last but of tax money I have & mum can buy me some dies for Christmas.

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - LOL @ caving but it sounds like your Mum just adored your efforts. What a great idea to re-create her page and frame it for Christmas. YAY 4 buying the sizzix machine. It will be a good investment. I saw a lincraft cataglogue yesterday and it looks pretty nifty. I am going to go and check it all out tomorrow (shopping day.. yeah!! ).

Bec - LOL you are a dag. We Geelong girls should really get together for a scrapping day. I would offer my house but we don't have a dining table, LOL

Tiff - awww... isn't your DH cute! Actually, Neil has flicked through Gabby's book a few times more than I thought he would. I can't wait to do a "Daddy" page. I have to get more photos printed!

Michelle - sounds like you guys are run off your feet with your ebay shop. Actually, gonna PM you with a question about paper.

Well, I finally got my tax cheque so I can get more photos printed and do some more pages in Gabby's scrap book. YAY!

I got the obsession with the machine from watching "DIY Scrapbooking" on Foxtel 8-[ I'm very disappointed though cos it's not on at the moment!

Okey dokeys, next question - are you getting sick of my questions everyone???? (oops no thats not the question ).

How do I do pockets on a page? I want to do a page with Zander's umbilical clip, hospital bracelet thing & name tag from his cot (I'm also think of scanning all of his cards & printing mini versions on to A/F cardstock). I really want to do pockets but I'm not sure how to do it. I've been searching the net for a template or something, but I wondered if you guys have any suggestions for me.

Thaaaaaanks

**oh & edited to say - I used a pink bunny eyelet on the easter page (had to tell you Michelle) **

Oh I love the chat in here atm - am learning heaps

Sarah - I am loving the questions you are asking atm as I wouldn't know either and it's fun to learn from the others. I must say your ideas for invites is brillant and am I allowed to steal? I can't seem to see them on your webpage though? I noticed there was that DIY show on Foxtel... wish I had Foxtel!!

Mooshie - so glad you are getting reinspired, I am itchy myself to sit down and get heaps done.

Deb - yay on shopping! I hope you buy lots of scrapping stuff.

Tiff - I second the denim flowers, great idea.

I also have a question, I can't remember if its been asked before but what cutting system does everyone use? I need to invest in something and wondered what is best?

Nell I took the invitation off, but I'll put it back on for you As for a cutting systam I use..... scissors, craft knives, one of those sliding guilotine (sp?) thingies and I have a circle cutter.

Just want to say -- I'm on a role!! I've done another double page (first beach trip) and another single one (Zander with his toy cow).

So where is everyone at the moment????

WTG Sarah! I have just looked at your invite - thanks heaps for putting it up and it looks great!

I did some scrapbooking shopping today, didn't get much a few bits and pieces.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast