Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking and Craftwork General Chatter - August/Sep 2005

mooshie Guest

sarah

just popping in to let you know that i have some of those pocket thingy's i think from memory they are called memorabillia pockets, i got them from the scrap book shop, they are stickey at the back and just stick down onto your page or cardstock (naturally being sticky lol) and the front bit is clear. the pack i have came with a few different sizes and they are fantastic to hold things like arm and leg tags from hospital, belly button clamp (gross i know lol) and even hair.

hth

Hi Girls

Sarah yay on the sissex machine, and good idea for your mum to buy some dies for you. The easter page sounds gorgeous.

Deb you should have brought a table with the tax money and then you could have had scrapping at your place. LOL

Nell- I have a Carl A4 Guillitine sort of cutter, plus I also have a scalpel knife and steel ruler. But I swear by the Creative memories cusom cutting sytem to crop photos, You buy the mat and 3 blades and then get the templates, I have the ovals and circles, but there are heaps of others.

I am in QLD at my sister's, coming home tomorrow morning so I prob will try to get back scrapping this week, would be nice to get something done LOL

Cheers Michelle

Just wondered who else is font obsessed? I now have over 1500 fonts :shock: The good thing is I finally got a font that I wanted but was too stingy to pay for it!! A friend has a Creating Keepsakes font CD & she leant it to me, so now I have CK Cursive - WOOHOOOO!! So if anyone is looking for fonts, I more than likely have it & I can email them to you....

LOL Sarah
    I have a font cd I have never used cos I need to upgrade the memory on the computer bf I can LOL

That is the good thing about using the computer, youi can do all sorts of gorgeous writing I will have to take that into consideration fro me layouts too.
    Cheers mcihelle

The amount of fonts out there are amazing and there are soo many I like.

I'll keep your offer in mind Sarah, thanks

Yaaaay I won my Sizzix Machine \/ I got it off ebay & including postage it was $25 cheaper than the shop!

WTG Sarah, that's where my MUm got all her sissex stuff too. Now all you have to do is wait for it to arrive LOL.

i am home, but not scrapping tonight, cos want to spend some time with the family. Hoping to get back into the swing of it next Mon night.

How is everyone else's projects going?

Cheers michelle

I have 2 more pages to go & then I have finished Zander's first 3 months - I think I have about 20-ish pages! I just did a very cool page today (Aaron pointed out that I think all of my pages are cool!) - my friend that used to work at a scrap shop lent me a book of "Quilted Scrapbooks". I tried one & it turned out really well

Debbie Lee Guest

Wow, Sarah! Sounds like you are going great guns. Yay for winning the sizzix machine. I had a look at them at lincraft today. It all looks quite nifty - wish I had the $$ for it. So with your fonts on the computer, do you just type out what you want and stick it on the page? Do you use special paper? I have been thinking about typing stuff out because my writing is hideous!

I bought some scrapbooking mags on the weekend and have got some great ideas from them. There is no way I will be able to scrap as well as some of the examples tho!! Very creative people!
    I bought a few things at lincraft today. I got some blank cards that have a window to make Gabby's christening invites. They are going to be simple but I wanted to make a more personal touch than just those ones you can buy already set up.

My sister, Erin, made a page for Gabby's scrapbook called "Aunty Ezzie". Very cute. I told all of my sisters and my Mum that they could make a page for Gabby's book. Hopefully the others will get theirs done next weekend when we get together.

Sounds like you are doing very well Sarah, 20 pages for the first 3 months sin't far off how many pages Joran's took, hers was about 28 from birth 16th sep to xmas day). I look at her pics and think, I wish I had a better camera.LOL

Deb- I am sure that if you wanted to you could recreate most things in the mags, maybe you wouldn't think of it but you could do it. I guess sometimes it depends on how you want your album to look. My sis and I talked about it and most things you buy for pages you could make but can you be bothered and/or do you have the time? I think that it's lovely to have a page from each of your sisters, Gabby will feel so special when she sees they all did one. I may get my sis to do it but no way would my brother.

Cheers Michelle

hi everyone
    finally found the forum mooshie told me about thanks to nelbe
    i went to a creative memories party last saturday & now im hooked - having a party at my place on the 10th & have been busy collecting things & working out my next pages
    you all sound so talented so will be great to hear what you are all up to

Debbie Lee Guest

Glad you found us, Melissa.
    I want to have a Creative Memories party soon too. Sounds like they are well worth it.

I am pretty much set to go for a few pages. Just waiting for my photos to how up that I ordered last week. Had a bit of trouble with my credit card company being SLOW! Urrgh... they could SO tell I was in a hurry to get the photos. Ah well!
    My little sister is putting me to shame tho. She is just SO creative. Always has been. She got the "drawing" genes from my Dad and the "crafty" genes from my Mum. I just got the "bossy" genes, LOL. I will have to take a photo of some of her pages and show you guys. So far, I am learning most stuff from her. She has a friend that goes really OTT (has spent 1000's of dollars) so she picks up tips from her.

What I love about scrapping is you don't HAVE to be crafty or arty, cos as much as I wanted to be i am not really but I am happy with what i have done, although sometimes I think I haven't done as good a job as i could of, but that's ok, I can just do better the next time.

I have been to 2 workshops but not had one, as I found that after doing it alot, it was mainly a beginners thing and I was a little bored, but I do love some of their things.

It is thundering and ligtning outside, I think I should get off here, just in case we get a power surge and my copmputer is stuffed! AAARGH! I would go crazy without bb!LOL

We did no scrapping last night cos Mum and Dad had tea here so it was too late to do anything once they left. Oh well, the weeks roll by and I get nothing done, I might go and crop some pics all ready for next time.

Cheers michelle
    Cheers

Debbie Lee Guest

I finally got my photos back and have done 3 more pages! Yay!
    I did a double "Little Sweetheart" page for Gabby's 4 month professional photos and a single page for Neil's 30th birthday. I still have to figure out what I want to do with the text (do I type it up, write it myself or get my sister to write it because she has lovely writing??).

Just a question... with printing on vellum, do you just do it as normal or is there a special way to do it?

Yay Deb sounds great. As for the writing, you have to decide, all ways are good, just depends how you want it to look I guess.

As for printing on Vellum I think it depends what sort of printer you have, I remember Trish saying something about settting the printer for printing on transperency instead of paper, but be careful cos it may smudge nad need longer to dry. I printed on vellum on normal setting with my HP psc 1210 and I didn't choose a spec setting and it worked fine, no smudging or anything. I guess you can only try.

Cheers michelle

Debbie Lee Guest

Thanks, Michelle. I will give it a go. Can you buy vellum in A4 size?

Yep, we have clear vellum only , not coloured stuff, but try some shops nearby they prob have it.

Cheers michelle

as im still very new to this - i was reading your posts about fonts - do you get them online or buy a cd of them? i had been using alphabet stickers & just my own handwriting but after getting a scrapbooking magazine i saw how cool different types of lettering look
    tia

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast