Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scrapbooking Question

Melinda Guest

Default Scrapbooking Question

I am extremely new to the world of scrapbooking, but I thought it would be a nice way to preserve some of Jacob's photos. I've just got a few bits and pieces together so I can make some nice pages up, but then it dawned on me.....how do I stick these fiddly little things to the page?! Is there some special adhesive or glue that you use or do I just try and get some ordinary glue on them and hope I don't end up with it all over myself?! Some of the little cut-outs (are they called punchies or something?) are tiny........

Thanks for your advice to a scrapbooking newbie!!

Out of interest, how many other members are into scrapbooking?

mooshie Guest

hi melinda

welcome to the addictive world of scrapbooking lol.

i do a mixture of creative memories and also i go to scrapbooking shops (i put away $20 a week then have a big spend up once a month lol)

anyway in answer to your question you can buy a product called photo splits, you will find them at a scrapbooking shop (they are sort of like double sided sticky tape tabs iykwim) they come in a box, creative memories also have a tape runner which are little double sided sticky things that you can use, they also have a mini tape runner which is great for fiddley bits - check out a scrapbook store or the internet (ebay has heaps on it)

good luck - hmmm you have inspired me to get on with a few more pages lol.

Melinda Guest

Thanks Michelle!!

Is creative memories a brand or something like that? Forgive me if that's a pathetically silly question LOL!!

mooshie Guest

sorry melinda

should have explained it better.

creative memories is sort of like party plan you do it at other peoples homes (oh that sounds like it should be in the AO forum lol). now seriously my g/friend is a creative memories consultant and they do a home class then once a month my g/friend for eg runs a workshop from her home. it is a bit more expensive (stickers/paper/albums etc) than what you can get elsewhere but it is a personal choice in the end what you want to do. basically i use the creative memories pages/albums and cutting tools but with the papers and stickers etc i use a combination of creative memories and other brands. i like the convenience of going to my g/friends to do workshops (she has heaps of stock) and there are about 12 or so and we sit around do our pages and gossip, eat heaps and sometimes drink a little (maybe why the pages look so good sometimes lol)

You scrapbooking girls amaze me. I seriously wouldn't have the patience to do it. I still havent' done lachlans cross stitch birth sampler (14mths later lol)

Goodluck with it Mel you will have to scan some pages when you are done and show us all

Love

Melinda Guest

PMSL Michelle!!! You've got the grog-goggles on when looking at your scrapbooking pages have you?! LOL I can imagine the next day you look at them and think "WTF have I done there?"

hehehe that gave me a good giggle.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Kat - we'll see how much patience I've got after fiddling with umpteen tiny little cut-out thingamejigs!! LOL

oohhh Mel, a girl after my own heart. I have only done 2 albums and can't wait to do more. I was going to start a thread as well as I have heaps of questions and I know that there are heaps of girls on here that are very experienced!

I have just used the acid free glue for the albums I have done, but Michelle (mitch4now) was telling us at our meet something else she used but I can't remember what it is now? #-o Probably something similar to what mooshie recommends.

Just look on my site and there are a couple of pages there, also Deb (bieleemorris) has some on her site as well.

Come on scrapbooking fiends, I know you are out there! lol

I have a question, can someone PM/email me a good site that has good fonts on it. I know that journalling really should be in my handwriting but I've seen some nice ones that I'd love to use.

Also, what brand pens do you used for your journalling?

Another scrapper here girls. I've been scrapping for over 2 years now. I started originally doing Creative Memories style too. I think thats how a lot of people come across it. I don't personally like that style, I like lumpy bumpy interative pages, but thats just me. I have done albums for all of us, Noah is on to his second and I have only just started Tehya's. I have made mini albums as pressies and even made an album (book as well) all from scratch for mum for mothers day a couple of years ago. Thankfully I left extra space in it so now I can do a page for Tehya in it.

I find the best and the cheapest adhesives are the Francheville range. The double sided tape is very strong and you only need a little. They also have double sided photo tabs. These are great as they are repostionable, especially great in the early days or when you are playing around with a few ideas and just not 100% on it yet. You can get these from Spotlight stores and are only around $3.00 a pack. The tape will last you ages but I usually buy a few packets at a time because it is so popular it sells out quickly.

Nell, for fonts I did a google search for free fonts. I have heaps (like around 200) on my computer. Also a great site to look at and also has some free fonts on it is twopeasinabucket of course you need to put in the dot com after it They have a huge galery on it and also some great ideas for titles and poems, just play around on the site and you will work it out.

Take care
    Trish

I am a digital scrapper I use Adobe Photoshop and creat scrapping pages with that, using my digital photos. I can then save them on my computer or I can print them out. I don't have the space to do traditional scrapbooking but I do enjoy digital scrapbooking. I am happy to do digital scrapbooking for anyone, just email me the photos and any journalling you want on there and I can creat a few different layouts and you can choose which one you want.

Cheers

I am a newbie scrapper as well... have done a grand total of 3 pages. Should take photos of them to show you girls

Am having a hard time recovering from the time when DP spilled his beer over my newly created double page spread... argh!! ](*,) Nah j/k I should really pick it up again soon... but need more supplies, such a proper pens, and that double sided tape!

Nell - I checked out your pages, LOVE the one with Matthew's smiles!

Thanks Ambah, they are among my favourite photos of Matthew.

I know that I should have done some journalling on them but I wasn't sure how/where/what with IYKWIM? It can always be added later.

I need more supplies too.

bmuseful Guest

Im a newie at scrapbooking too! made a wedding scrapbook with all the little odds and ends I saved in the lead up to the wedding (an invite, paper, envelope, decorations etc) and i love it more than the professional album. It is the personal touch that makes scrapbooking so special!

Hi I am an oldie scraper LOL, have been scrapping for close to 6 yrs, the twins, have 3 albums each, Rianna has 2 and Bubs is already started! ZI give mini ones as pressies ( VERY appreciated) People just looove it!!! For little fiddy punches I use a liquid acid free glue, and for the photots and bigger item I use sticky tabs ( photo splits, tape runner) spotligh tand Big w are the places to go if you dont have a scrapping shop nearby!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Ooo how exciting! I am new to scrapping too. I have done a few pages but I really have only been cutting and pasting - no real fancy stuff. I got some kits off ebay that have the layout already done for you so I kind of cheated a bit but I thought it would be good practice. I really need to get my butt to our local scrapping shop and sign up for some classes!
    The thing I love about it is that there's no right or wrong way to do your pages.
    I'll definitely have to check out Big W when we go shopping @ our next meet. Hopefully I will have a few $$ to spend. [-o<
    I'm interested in the creative memories stuff.... does anyone know how to find out if there is a consultant in Geelong? I've googled but don't get much in the way of the party plans. Is it like tupperware sorta??

Yeah its like tupperware, you have a party and you need to invite say 10 friends, who all pay $5 each to do a page, you get a free album, and stuff. Then the lady who ran your party gives you a free entry to a workshop at her house and is your "consultant" that like an avon lady, keeps you up to date on the new stuff out, and you ring to buy stuff off, am not sure how to find one in you area, will ask my GF who is a consultant. Good luck and enjoy!!!

Kelly, me too with the digital scrapping! I just discovered this week & am addicted.

I've done regular scrapping as well, but have found that digital is just as good, but waaaaay cheaper I'll post some pages on Zander's website now so you can see...

Sarah - they look great! Great work! Was it hard to do?

Nope Nell, pretty easy I can send you some links to websites I've used.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast