Thread: Bastille Day Tomorrow. We're having a French Feast!

Default Bastille Day Tomorrow. We're having a French Feast!

Any excuse to cook French cuisine I say...

Tomorrow we are having French Onion Soup, Duck a l'Orange (with twice baked Gratin Dauphinois & Veg) and Creme Brulee. And besides the Oranges I have EVERYTHING in my cupboard/freezer/fridge! How awesome is that!

So right now I have some beef bones & veg roasting for my beef stock for the soup (although I'll only need a smidge!). I have the onions caramalising in the Slow Cooker (the slow cooker is the BEST for easy peasy caramalised onions). I'll make the Dauphinois this afternoon and fridge it for a second bake tomorrow. I'll make the Brulee custards tomorrow morning so they can set. I'll put the SC on again tomorrow morning with the French Onion Soup (I like it with port, thyme, caramalised onions and a smidge of beef stock and water). So tomorrow night should be a breeze, with all I have to do is the Duck, bake the Dauphinois a second time and brown the sugar for the brulee. EASY.

WOOT!

Anyone else thinking about going french tomorrow?

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Oh YUM! That sounds divine. You're inspiring me... to have Creme Brulee at least

I guess it's a good way to help teach children too about special days and other countries Have a treat and explain the origins etc....
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Sounds delish Rouge!

Ooh lala! Well done! We are very much into French culture here and i am always consulting my Elizabeth David (Traditional French cookery books) but I had nothing special planned for tomorrow... but I think you have changed that!!! Giving it some thought now

Sounds divine - I think we might have baguette with brie That's about the extent of my culinary skills......

I was actually, but was thinking of something like crepes, nothing too elaborate because I'm spending the day getting organised to go on a trip on Friday :P I am however wishing our trip started a few days earlier

Hehehehe @ a few days earlier. Don't worry I'll be doing a last minute stress run around HA!

Quote Originally Posted by Rouge View Post
    Anyone else thinking about going french tomorrow?
    Yep. Coz, I'm coming over at dinner time!