Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Goodies....

Yes I think you are right there Cai. Sorry Mel. Should have known, she was the one in that thread all the time

I have an easy fudge recipe;
    3 Cups choc melts
    1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
    40g unsalted butter
    1x 395g can sweetened condensed milk

place choc melts, vanilla essence, butter and condensed milk in a pan, stir over low heat until melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
    pour into a prepared 20cm tin, cover and refrigerate until firm.

My kids love this !!! and, they love helping to make it too.

Yaaaaaay Lisa, that's it!! That's the one Thank you soooo much

I could only find mine which uses marshmallow cream... but hard to get in Australia Unless Cai can hook you up with USA foods... Lisa's is very similar to Mel's... easier too!

You're welcome Sarah !!!
    Oh... it is the yummiest, most addictive fudge ever
    Hope you enjoy it

Well there ya go Shannon, the original thread must've been chopped up & combined into that one!

Last edited by christy; August 4th, 2010 at 04:24 PM.

Thaaaaaanks

Oh duh me... nevermind *oops*

*hugs*
    Last edited by christy; August 4th, 2010 at 04:24 PM.

Hi Sarah, here are those receipes...

Craisin, Port and Dark Choc Truffles

Ingredients:
    cup (60ml) thickened cream
    200g dark eating choc, chopped coarsely (cc)
    2 tablespoons port
    1/3 cup (50g) craisins, cc
    300g dark eating choc melted.

1. Combine cream and chopped choc in small saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth, stir in port and craisins. Transfer to small bowl, cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
    2. Working with a qtr of choc mix at a time (keeping remainder under refrigeration), roll rounded teaspoons into balls; place on tray. Freeze truffles until firm.
    3. Working quickly, dip truffles in melted choc then roll gently in hands to coat evenly, return to tray; refrigerate until firm.

Dark Choc and Ginger Truffles
    Ingredients:
    1/3 cup (80ml) thickened cream
    200g dark eating choc, CC
    cup (115g) glace ginger, chopped finely (cf)
    cup (25g) cocoa powder

1. Combine cream and choc in small saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth, stir in ginger. Transfer to small bowl, cover; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
    2. Working with of choc mix at a time (keeping remainder under refrigeration) roll rounded teaspoons into balls; place on tray. Refrigerate truffles until firm.
    3. Working quickly, roll balls in cocoa, return to tray; refrigerate truffles until firm.

Peanut Butter and Milk Choc Truffles
    Ingredients:
    1/3 cup (80ml) thickened cream
    200g milk eating choc, cc
    cup (70ml) unsalted crunchy peanut butter
    cup (110g) crushed peanuts

1. Combine cream and choc in small saucepan; stir over low heat until smooth; stir in peanut butter. Transfer to small bowl, cover and refrigerate 3hrs or overnight.
    2. Working with of choc mix at a time (keeping remainder under refrigeration) roll rounded teaspoons into balls; place on tray. Refrigerate truffles until firm.
    3. Working quickly, roll balls in peanuts, return to tray; refrigerate truffles until firm.

Stained Glass Christmas Cookies
    Ingredients:
    250g butter, softened
    2teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
    teaspoon almond essence
    cup (165g) caster sugar
    1 egg
    1 tablespoon water
    2 1/4 cups (335g) plain flour
    90g individually wrapped sugar-free fruit drops, assorted colours.

1. Preheat oven to moderate. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
    2. Beat butter, rind, essence, sugar, egg, and the water in small bowl with electric mixer until smooth (do not overbeat). Transfer to large bowl; stir in flour. Knead dough on floured surface until smooth, cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes.
    3. Meanwhile, using rolling pin, gently tap wrapped lollies to crush slightly.Unwrap lollies; separate by colour into small bowls.
    4. Roll dough between sheets of baking paper until 4mm thick. Cut shapes from dough using medium-sized cookie cutters; use very small cookie cutters to cut the centre of each cookie.
    5. Place cookies on prepared oven trays; bake, uncovered, in moderate oven (180-190 degrees celcius) for 5 minutes. Remove trays from oven; fill cut-out centre of each cookie with a different colour lolly. Return to oven for 5 minutes. Cool cookies on tray.

Mint Slice Bites:
    Ingredients:
    125g butter, chopped
    200g dark choc, CC
    cup (110g) caster sugar
    2 eggs, beaten lightly
    1 cups (185g) plain flour
    1 cups (240g) icing sugar mixture
    1 teaspoon butter, extra
    teaspoon peppermint essence
    2 tablespoons milk, approximately
    50g dark choc, melted, extra

1. Preheat oven to moderate. Grease deep 19cm square cake pan; line base with baking paper
    2. Combine butter and choc in medium saucepan; stir over low heat until choc melts. Stir in caster sugar and egg then flour. Spread mix into prepared pan; bake in moderate oven about 20 min. Stand cake in pan 15 minutes; turn onto wire rack to cool.
    3. Meanwhile, combine icing sugar, extra butter and essence in small heatproof bowl; gradually stir in enough milk to make mixture form a thick paste. Stir mixture over small saucepan of simmering water until icing is of spreadable consistency. Spread icing over cake; allow to set at room temp.
    4. Using serrated knife, trim crisp edges from cake. Cut cake into 3cm squares; drile each square with melted extra choc.

MG

I've saved it in my recipe folder as "bellybelly evil fudge" in case Mel's recipe gets lost again. Oh and in case I need to find it in a hurry.

Thanks so much MG

Tigergirl1980 Guest

You can always make the fruity things norti by dipping them in chocolate

Caro, what on earth are booze bombs? They sound intriguing! *licks her lips!*

You girls have inspired me to do home made baskets this year as pressie, I was just wondering how I go about this and just generally need some ideas.Thanks.

hugs xoxo

Amanda I have stocked up over the last few months of chinese take away containers (not the plastic clear ones, but the noodle boxes) and plan on having Matilda help decorate them with Christmas stickers or silver stars and use silver ribbon for wrapping, that way I can pop it all in with baking paper and it looks very cool as well.

Depending on how creative I am - I wrap my individual things in cellophane. When my sister was living with me she would decorate the clear ellophane and then we'd wrap stuff in it. I often buy cheap baskets and containers from the $2 shop and lincraft etc and put all the goodies in that. You can buy various boxes from craft stores to put the goodies in. Another thing I've done in the past is buy glass containers from various places and decorated those with special paints (which you can get from any craft or hardwear store). Last time I did one for my Grandparents I actually bought a cane laundry basket and packed everything into it (supporting it with crushed cellophane so it looked right) and then wrapped that in cellophane and put Christmas stuff on it. It worked well because Grandma needed a new basket at the time.

HTH

MG

Thanks girls I'm so excited to be doing this and it's great to get all these ideas off you, thank you very much.

hugs xoxo

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast