Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Goodies....

Yes I look forward to eating these during xmas time... I see them in coles and woolies, but would love to make them all year round. Thanks for recipe.

Caz

Amelia Guest

I do some round gingerbreads and built a tower on top of rum balls and wrap them in cellophane with ribbon. And I do chocolate truffles for the young ones and chocolate dip the gingerbreads.

I like the Rocky Road idea from kellieem though. You could put the red and green cherries through it to make it chrismassy!!

*bump*

So who's doing this for Christmas this year? I'm hoping I can get some done earlier this time to save the rush in the last few days!

thanks for bumping this up, getting some great ideas for my mums group friends

also if your not a dab hand at a lot of things you can buy a ginger bread man kit at the supermarket just add syrup and water comes with its own cutter and all and man they are yummy..............only thin roll mixture thinner than it says as they are quite thick when cooked

LOL Rach there are fairy star biscuits as well in that same range & I'm thinking of cheating & making some of them

Hi guys...

Last night I made that totally yummy & oh so easy to eat choc fudge...

The one with choc bits, condensed milk, butter & vanilla esscense....

Only thing is it hasnt really set hard.... it is more soft & chewy IYKWIM... is it supposed to be like that or did i not do it right...

still tastes devine though!!!!

Ellibam Guest

i think we are going to do this this year

does any one have a recipe for nuts and bolts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Stained Glass Christmas Cookies
    Ingredients:
    250g butter, softened
    2teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
    teaspoon almond essence
    cup (165g) caster sugar
    1 egg
    1 tablespoon water
    2 1/4 cups (335g) plain flour
    90g individually wrapped sugar-free fruit drops, assorted colours.

1. Preheat oven to moderate. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
    2. Beat butter, rind, essence, sugar, egg, and the water in small bowl with electric mixer until smooth (do not overbeat). Transfer to large bowl; stir in flour. Knead dough on floured surface until smooth, cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes.
    3. Meanwhile, using rolling pin, gently tap wrapped lollies to crush slightly.Unwrap lollies; separate by colour into small bowls.
    4. Roll dough between sheets of baking paper until 4mm thick. Cut shapes from dough using medium-sized cookie cutters; use very small cookie cutters to cut the centre of each cookie.
    5. Place cookies on prepared oven trays; bake, uncovered, in moderate oven (180-190 degrees celcius) for 5 minutes. Remove trays from oven; fill cut-out centre of each cookie with a different colour lolly. Return to oven for 5 minutes. Cool cookies on tray.

MG
    hey MG what have I done wrong I followed your instructions but the dough is too soft to cut out shapes etc they fall to pieces when I try to move them

I have left the dough in fridge hoping you can tell me if it happens to you I wanted to make them for mums group in the morning

Mitch, when I made the fudge last year it was soft & chewy... I think that's a good fudge consistency
    Rach, if your cookies are a too soft you can knead in a little extra flour. But putting the dough in the fridge for a half-hour or so prior to rolling should make it fairly maleable...

Sherie, what is your recipe for nougat?!?

thanks Amy but I did have dough int here for a hr or so and it was just so soft I still have the dough inf ridge so may give it another go this arvie it seems a lot harder now obviously

Its hard with the weather being so warm atm too - I always found with my brownies they'd be a different consistency in summer and winter! I'd prob roll it in a little flour if you think its still too soft?
    Ooh, I want to make some now, but I'm too lazy LOL!

well I have just cooked 1/2 the mix it did roll better mind you its been in the fridge since monday nite towards the end the little scrap bits were getting very soft

maybe I mixed it worng I waiting for them too cool so I can have one

These are new ones I'm going to try this year...

Fudgy Buttons
    Makes about 1-1/2 dozen

2 Tbsp butter
    1-1/2 tsp baking cocoa
    1/2 C powdered sugar
    1/2 tsp milk
    2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter

In a small saucepan melt the butter. Remove from heat and add cocoa and mix well.
    Stir in sugar, then add milk and stir till smooth. Add peanut butter and mix well.
    Drop by teaspoons onto wax paper. Flatten tops and shape into 1" patties.

Broken Glass Candy

1 1/3 C. sugar
    2 C. light corn syrup
    1/4 t. red food coloring
    10 drops oil of cinnamon

Combine sugar, syrup and food coloring in heavy pan and cook on low heat until dissolves. Bring to hard crack stage (300 F.).
    Remove from heat and add flavoring.
    Pour into well greased sheet cake pan. Let cool. Break with spoon.

Oooh, they look good, Sarah. I'm hopeless at making toffee, but the fudgy buttons look tasty!

I just found a recipe/idea for Chocolate Spoons...

You melt the chocolate of your choice (milk, white or dark) and pour a little to fill the bowl of the spoon, then once that is cool, you dip the spoon in again to about 2cm up the handle. Once they are cool, freeze them to make them easier to handle, and decorate with sprinkles, or drizzle with another colour choc... then you can place cellophane square over the choc, tie with ribbon, and wella... YUMMO.... great to make hot choc/mocha with or for the kids to eat!

Just copied Mel's choc spoon idea in here cos I think it's very cool & am going to use it for sure

mmmm, yummy. Would you use s/steel spoons or plastic?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast