Thread: CHristmas icecream bomb recipes

Default CHristmas icecream bomb recipes

Hi Girls ,

looking for some yummy Icecream bomb recipes ..with no raw egg as I want Kaitlyn to be able to eat it as well .

Thanks!

Cass,
    I just googled ice cream bombe, and found this great watermelon loking bombe, which seems kinda suitable for Chrissie as its green and red (well, dark pink anyway), and is egg free! It looks really yummy. I am going to look around the rest of their ice cream recipes now.
    Last edited by Rouge; December 22nd, 2006 at 09:47 PM.

I found my Mum's old recipie. It took me ages because she had a rather obscure filing system whereby recipies were filed under the name of the person she got it from. It worked for her but it makes it hard for me to navigate her recipie folder.
    Luckily this one is typed because the hand written ones can be a bit hard to decipher

Tropical Fruit Bombe
    Bombe can be made and frozen several days in advance

60g unroasted macadamia nuts
    1½ litres vanilla ice cream
    2 large ripe mangoes
    ½ cup sugar
    ? cup water
    2 teaspoons lemon juice
    300 ml carton of thickened cream

PASSIONFRUIT SAUCE
    6 passionfruit
    2 tablespoons orange juice
    2 tablespoons icing sugar
    2 tablespoons Grand Marnier - or substitute

Toast nuts on oven tray in mod oven for about 5 minutes. cool nuts to room temerature, chop roughly.
    Place ice-cream in a large bowl, beat with a wooden spoon until just softened, fold in nuts.
    Spoon ice-cream into a 6 cup mould, press over base and up side of mould leaving a hollow in the center.
    Cover with foil, freeze until firm.
    Blend or process mangoes until smooth: you will need 2 cups of mangoe purée.
    Place sugar and water in a small saucepan, stir over heat without boiling until sugar is dissolved. Boil uncovered without stirring for about 5 minutes or until sugar syrup is thickened slightly; cool.
    Combine mango, lemon juice and sugar syrup, pour into a shallow pan (a lamington pan is ideal), cover with foil, freeze for 1 hour or until just starting to harden around the edges.
    Beat cream until soft peaks form and fold in mango mixture in 2 lots.
    Return mango & cream mixture to freezer, freeze until almost firm, beat well with a fork.
    Spoon mango & cream mixture into hollow in mould, cover, freeze until firm.

To serve Bombe
    Dip mould into sink full of hot water for about 30 seconds, invert bombe onto serving dish. Return to freezer until firm. Decorate with fruit and serve with passionfruit sauce.

Passionfruit Sauce
    Remove pulp from passionfruit into bowl, stir in remaining ingredients & mix well.

Oh yum Chloe. That sounds awesome!