Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easter Eggs out already !!

Exclamation Easter Eggs out already !!

I know we posted whinging about the same thing last year but this is just stupid. What are we 2 weeks after Christmas. Earlier this week I went to our local Coles and saw hot cross buns and though your joking right. But tonight when I go there, there are bloody Easter Eggs !!!

Easter isn't for a few months yet. Can you imagine how many chocolate wrappers are going to get wrecked in the stores between now and then. You can't buy and keep them for that long, they will melt or get eaten !!

Trish, I hear you! I was in Coles last week and they were marking down all the Christmas stuff at the same times as stocking the shelves with Easter Eggs.........I saw them and said "You have to be ****ing kidding" to the Coles guy that was opening all the boxes. He simply raised his eyes to the sky like he couldn't belive it either!

That is just wrong for a couple of reasons!!! Firstly it means that there is more temptation when going shopping to indulge in chocolate - particularly the cadbury cream easter eggs - they are to die for. Secondly we are not even over Christmas yet. I mean we havent put the Christmas tree away - but part of that is just my slackness I guess. Easter eggs and hot cross buns are hard enough to resist at easter let alone having them in the shops for months on end. LOL - I guess this is where self control needs to be utilised - problem is I dont have any at the moment!!

Was actually a segment on the news about it here in Adelaide the other night. It only seemed to be coles at the time stocking their shelves with easter eggs. Just getting bloody ridiculous, but easter is earlier this year as well compared to last year.

Love

*TamaraP* Guest

My friend works at Safeway bakery department. On Boxing Day she had to make Hot X Buns. Being from Bakers Delight to begin with she was not happy. We don't start making ours until late Feb, early March..!!

I think its wrong.

There was a news segment about it here too. I really can't believe the gall of the supermarket chains to want to bring them out early - just to try to beat eveyone else to the $$$. But people will either buy them now or not, simple as that.

Although my local servo still have the little solid red tulip ones out from last year LOL.

I saw it on the news last week as well.

When i worked for a supermarket we would get them in to the warehouse the start of December ready to go out once all the Christmas range had sold. But they wouldn't be out until middle/end of Jan it just depended on when someone could sort the selves and layout out. But i remember the Cadburys creme eggs being out first as they was easy to do.

I saw the buns this morning when doing the shopping! I nearly died! It makes everything so commerical!
    I have to admit, my biggest weakness is hot cross buns - but only the ones from Bakers (don't like any others) so, so long as THEY don't bring them out yet - I'm safe!

Debbie Lee Guest

Yep... TOTALLY ridiculous!

Tho I did enjoy some hot crossed buns before the weekend

I was a tad disturbed when I saw hot cross buns a couple of days ago in Woolies.
    Havent seen the easter eggs though.

There's only one way to fight back.......buy up all the eggs and buns so they're off the shelves.

I saw Hot Cross Buns yesterday & though, you've got to be kidding but by the looks of it it's started already.

Admittedly I do stock up on Bakers Delight Choc-cross buns for the freezer - they are heavenly LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherie View Post
    Admittedly I do stock up on Bakers Delight Choc-cross buns for the freezer - they are heavenly LOL.
    Sherie, I stock up on the normal ones from Baker's - but I refuse to buy them until March at the earliest!

Lol i brought some hot cross buns today i LOVE them but then i realised my grill isnt working boo hoo how will i toast them will it work in the oven????

LOL just thought of something funny i used to work in a bakery and we made yeast buns all yr around but at easter we put the cross on them.. On easter they hadnt started putting them on and people would come and ask for hot cross buns and we would say we have yeast buns they are the same as our hot cross buns without the cross and they would turn up there noses and walk away.. HEHE i think thats funny...

Melinda Guest

OMG Easter Eggs?! Sheesh......

I must admit to being rather partial to the hot cross bun (fruitless ones though - I hate dried fruit LOL).

They are just bringing them out earlier and earlier every year! Personally I love the choc chip version myself. Then I work and Cadbury and am a self confessed chocoholic. They actually make the eggs six months in advance!! Hmmm, I LOVE Easter Egg chocolate. So different to any other...

Oh great, how am i going to resist the eggs and fruitless hot X buns.....oh and now u mentioned the chocolate ones from bakers delight...yummmmmy..

Ill just have to blind fold myself going past the eggs.....and resist buying the buns :wink:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast