Thread: I just wanted to say

Default I just wanted to say

I'm not a mother, nor am I single. But I've been reading these threads for a little while now and I just wanted to say that I'm so very inspired by how all of you are coping with life, and how your all being so successful on your own with the kidlets. I just wanted to say that your all an inspiration to me and I love reading everything your all going through (as bad as that sounds) because it really makes me realise how strong all you ladies are.

awww well said , i often marvel over single parents , they all deserve so much more than a pat on the back

well said ladies

Well said Liz!

Thank you and well said

Aw that made me all teary.. Thank you. Though I am probably not as strong or as successful as some of the ladies here, I still like to think that some days I am doing a great lol

Melly01 - Your just as successful as all the ladies on here.. I actually thought I worded what I said wrong, but it looks like it made a nice impression I applaud you all
    Btw Melly01, give Logan a big birthday hug for me I see his birthday is on the 5th

Thank you LizJessie, you didn't word it wrong. Just having major issues with ex (tempted to get an ADVO so he can stop harassing me and saying hurtful things), so I guess I'm still believing what he has said when it comes to some things. Thank you for the lovely thread, it was nice to see it and i did actually have tears when i read it.
    I will, thank you, we love having hugs so any excuse will do

Logan!! YAY!!

It's nice to get some encouragement... thank you ladies

From a single mother it means alot for someone to say "well done, you're doing a good job"

Its hard when you have to make every decision on your own and hope to god its the right one for your children.
    Its hard when you have to sit at a school function (like tonight at DD's prep graduation night) and look at all the other 'families' around you while you are there without a partner.
    Its hard when you have worked all day and just wish there was someone else around at the end of the day to bath the child/ren and put them to bed

At the same time, being a parent in general is hard sometimes, even for partnered and married people. We all do our best and we should all be congratulated for our efforts and be proud of ourselves.

Thankyou

Well said Dee!

Dee - It's ladies like yourself, Melly01 and Brendansmum (and all the other ladies, don't worry I haven't forgotten you!) that makes me proud to be a member on here. I know how much you love your children and at the end of the day, that's what matters. No matter if you have a partner or not, the unconditional love that you show your child is the most important thing in life

Althought I'm only new to the single thing, I actually pondered starting a thread like this before I became seperated to say "I could never do it, you're doing an excellent job and GOOD on you".

Now that I'm here, it's even more tough that I'd ever imagined and I actually think you're inspirational. I know that I can do it, just by knowing you fine ladies have doneso yourselves

Awww, you girls are so sweet I haven't been on the "singles" train for very long either. One month officially, but about 4-5 months all up now. Because even sometimes having a partner at home you can still be a single mum. My ex didn't help out with anything... he was always going out and doing his things or at work, that brendan and I were left at home alone for 95% of the time. He never took brendan so that I could even take a shower... I had to lug B into the bathroom with me, even though he was just watchin tv. So not only should the single mums give themselves a pat on the back but all mums should.