thread: iam a single young mum , life is so hard!

Apr 2009

Unhappy iam a single young mum , life is so hard!

HI IAM A SINGLE MUM AND SINCE I HAD HAYLEY IAM ALWAYS SAD, HAYLEY IS 3 YRS OLD I LOVE HER VERY MUCH BUT IV BEEN TROUGH A ROUGH TIME SORRY ABOUT MY SPELLING IAM NOT THAT GOOD IN ENGLING , I READ MANY STORIES HERE SO I DECIDED TO SHARE MINE

IT ALL STARTED WHEN I WAS 18 I FOUND OUT THAT IAM PREGNANT FROM MY EX BOYFRIEND THAT WE BROKE UP 3 MONTHS BFOR I GOT PREGANANT BCOZ I COULDNT BELIVE HE BROKE UP WITH ME SO I USED TO MEET HIM AND END UP MAKING LOVE WITH HIM WHEN WE WERE BROKED UP BCOZZ I COULDNT IMAGINE ME MAKING LOVE WITH ANOTHER MAN I DIDNT WANT ANOTHER MAN WANTED HIM SO BADLY I LOVED HIM SO MUCH HE WASMY F1ST LOVE WE SPEND 3 YEARS TOGHETER THEN WE BREAK UP ,SO STUPID ME I USED TO MEET HIM AND WE USED TO END UP MAKING LOVE SO ANY WAY AFTER 3 MONTHS MEETING HIM ON AND OFF I FOUND OUT THAT I WAS PREGNANT IT WAS A SHOCK! AND OF COURSE I WAS KINDA HAPPY BCOZ I TOUGHT NOW HE WILL COME BACK AND GET TOGHETER AGIAN BUT NO I WAS WRONG WHEN I PHONED HIM AND TOLD HIM IAM PREGNANT HE SAID WERE NOT TOGHETER SO I DONT KNOW WITH WHO ELSE YOU MADE LOVE I GOT DISOPONTED HE DIDNT WANT TO TALK TO ME IT WAS SO HARD DOING THE PREGNANCY ALONE I FOUND OUT HE WAS GOING OUT WITH ANOTHER GIRL I USED TO SEE HIM WALKING WITH HER COZ MY GRANDMA LIVES WHERE HE LIVES ANY WAY WITH OR WITHOUT HIM I MADE COURAGE AND DONE MY PREGNANCY ALONE WITH MY MUMS HELP AND HER SUPPORTING ME ! IN PREGNANCY I SUFFERD FROM HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE BCOZ ALL OF THE STRESS AND SADNESS SO THE DOCTOR DECIDED TO PUT ME IN HOSPITAL FOR 2 AND A HALF WEEKS I WAS 6 MONTHS PREGNANT

IN 8 MONTHS AND 2 WEEKS MY WATER BROKE I WENT QUIKLY TO THE HOSPITAL I HAD DIFICULT BIRTH BECOUSE I WAS OPEND 9 THE HEART BEAT OF THE BABY WAS TIERD AND THEY HAD TO MAKE ME CECARIAN . AFTER THAT HARD BIRTH I SLEPT WHEN I WOKE UP HAYLEY WAS BAD VERY BAD SHE HAD AN INFECSTION IN HER BLOOD ,THEY PUT HER IN ANOTHER UNIT IT WAS CALLED SCBU UNIT WHEN I HEARD WITH THE NEWS I WAS SHOKED THE DOCTOR TOLD ME FEW BABIES SURVIVE FROM THIS LETS JUST PRAY THAT SHE WILL BE FINE I WASNT ALONE IN THE ROOM HOSPITAL THERE WHERE 3 OTHER MOTHERS WITH THERE BABYS AND I WAS ALONE AND MY BABIE IN ANOTHER UNIT I USED TO FEEL DIPREESED WHEN I USED TO SEE THE MAN OF THE OTHER 3 LADIES COMING IN THE VISITING HOURS AND IAM ALONE WITH NO MAN JUST MY MUM COMES VISIT ME IN THE ROOM AND WITH NO BABY COZ MY BABY WAS SICK IN ANOTHER UNIT

WELL ANY WAY 7 DAYS AFTER HAYLEY WAS FINE THANKS TO GOD WE WENT HOME SAFLEY AND A LOT OF JOY AT HOME, I USED TO FIND IT HARD I WAS 18 GOING TO BE 19 I WANTED TO GO OUT AND BUY CLOTHES LIKE OTHER GIRLS BUT I COULDNT COZ I HAD RESPONSIBITLE I USED TO FEEL VERY LONLEY ANY WAYS I HAD TO MAKE COURAGE AND KEEP UP AND FIGHT THEN 2 YEARS LATER I FOUND OUT HAYLEY WAS DIABETIC TYPE ONE IT MEANS I HAVE TO INJECT HER INSULIN TWICLEY EVERY DAY THAT WAS HARDER HOW CAN A MUM INJECT HER OWN DOUGHTER? ITS SO DIFFICULT and PAIN FULL AND ITS SCARY ESPACIALLY WHEN HER GLUCOUSE GOES DOWN SHE STARTS SHAKING I HAVE TO GIVE HER SOMTHING QUICK TO EAT SO SHE WONT GET HYPO MYLIFE IS HARD BCOZ I HAVE TO BE THERE FOR HER ALL OF THE DAY I HAVE TO CHECK HER GLUCUSE WITH MY MACHINE EVERY 3 HOURS IN THE DAY SHE A SMALL CHILD SHE CANT DO IT AND SHE DOSENT UNDERSTAND WHEN HER GLUCOUSE IS HIGH SHE CANT EAT WHAT SHE ALWAYS WANTS TO HOW CAN YOU EXPLIAN TO A CHILD OF 3 YEARS NO YOU CANT EAT ? OR HAVE SWEETS ? HOW CAN I EXPLIANE TO HER ITS SO HARD AND DIFICULT I DO IT FOR HER OWN GOOD BUT ITS HARD EVEN WHEN SHE HAS AN INIVTASION OF A PARTY FROM HER SCHOOL FRIENDS I TAKE HER BUT I DONT LET HER EAT MOST OF THE FOOD AND SWEETS SHE CRYS SO HARD WHAT SHOULD I DO ? DONT TAKE HER NO MORE TO PARTIES? I CANT WORK WITH THIS SITUASTION COZ I HAVE TO CHEACK HER GLUCOUSE EVERY 3 HOURS AND ENJECT HER TWICLY DAILY .THE GOVERMENT HELP ME BY GIVING ME A FEW MONEY I AM SO SAD I FEEL MY LIFE HAS BEEN TAKING SOMTIMES I WAKE UP CRYING AND FEEL TO DO NOTHING I FIGHT IT EVERY DAY AND KEEP MAKING COURAGE ESPIACLY WHEN I SEE MY DOUGHTERS SMILE!

WELL ANY WAY HAYLYES DAD MADE THE DNA AND NOW HE COMES FOR HAYLEY EVERY WKND HE TAKES CARE OF HAYLEY AND DO THE SAME THINGS I DO WITH HER DIABETIC COUNDISTION I MUST SAY NOW HES TAKING GOOD RESPONSBILTIE I FORGIVED HIM BUT STILL NOT WITH HIM COZ HES STILL GOING OUT WITH THAT GIRL ANY WAY IAM OVER HIM AND I LET HIS GIRLFRIEND COME TO PICK HAYLEY FROM HOME I DONT WANT WAR WITH HER OR HIM I WANT PEACE COZ I DONT WANT MY DOUGHTER LIVING HER LIFE WITHOUT HER FATHER AT LEAST SHE GETS TO SPEND TIME WITH HIM IN WKNDS IN SCHOOL HAYLEY HAS A FACILITATOR THAT CHECKS HER GLUCOSE AND TAKES GOOD CARE OF HER BUT IAM ALWAYS AT HOME WHILE SHES AT SCHOOL AND WORRIED SHE WONT GET HYPO , I CANT GO TO WORK WHEN HAYLEY IS AT SCHOOL COZ I DONT DRIVE AND IF HAYLEY GETS HYPO I GO QUCKILY TO THE SCHOOL AND STRIGHT TO D HOSPITAL , I WISH I CAN WORK AND MEET OTHER PPL BE PART OF THE LIFE , NOT STUCK AT HOME SICK WORRIED WELL LIKE I SAID SOMETIMES I FEEL DIZZY ILL AND SAD BUT I MAKE COURAGE AND STAND ON MY FEET TO DO MY BEST WITH MY DOUGHTER.

BellyBelly Member

Mar 2007
    Perth

Oh hun your post made me all teary. Well done, I know its hard but you seem to have a smart head on your shoulders when it comes to your daughters father & her diabetes. I'm sorry that you have had to go it alone. Hang in there & thank you for sharing your story.

Jul 2007
    Glenroy

Stay strong, it sounds like you're doing a great job with your little girl

Feb 2008

You certainly have been through a very tough time.

Your daughter is very lucky to have a mum that cares so much for her and of course you are lucky to have her! She does sound like a very special little girl. It is a real challenge to be dealing with a condition like diabetes and she is very young to have to face such harsh realities but it sounds like you have everything in hand and that you are teaching her some very good lessons about her health in a caring and responsible way. Keep it up suty, she will understand in time and will thank you for all that you are doing at the moment.

I am sorry to hear that you are stuck at home. Can you find some other mothers in your area that you can catch up with? It is so important to get out of home and have some time to yourself every now and then. If you are needed to be near the phone when your daughter is at school, maybe you could schedule some time out when she is with her Dad.

Take care, you sound as if you are doing a fantastic job with your girl and are obviously having a stressful time. All the best.

Apr 2009

thankyou all for your post replies , it help when ppl understand what iam goin trough yes its a stressfull time i feel like sleeping all day lol but i cant have to do some house work my mum is an alcaholic and shes not at home coz shes doing a programm that helps her quit drinking so i have to take care of the house loundrey and ecc and food for my dad and brother after they come from work , yes in wknds i go out when shes with her dad with some friends but not always i have to be carfull how to spend my money the glucouse sticks that i check hayleys glucouse are very expensive so i rather save money then spending it with my mates then when im good in money i go out and have some fun but not always any ways thanks all for your posts and may god bless you all

Senior Moderator

Nov 2004
    Chickens.

Welcome Suty. I'm glad you have some family around to support you.

It's hard being a single parent. But so rewarding.

Nice to meet you.

belinda_76 Guest

hi

hu suty......i know what it is like im a single mum myself.......where about do you live im in the gold coast

Jan 2009
    Rural NSW

Firstly, your english is very good! You're doing really well!

I know how you feel, bringing up a child on your own. Its tough, and you are a strong woman and I know you can get through this.

Have you looked into the Diabetes Association? And also, you should be able to get medical subsidies (more money) from Centrelink with your single parent pension. Make sure you ask about everything you could be entitled to.

Good luck, and BellyBelly is a great place for support. Keep your chin up, things will be ok soon.