Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm going to be a single mum....

ashleajayne - my sister was pressured into a termination almost 3 years ago now and she thinks i just had a baby to make her feel bad why i would do that i dont know but that's what she thinks...

And just letting everyone know, i'm moving in with my dad until i find a place of my own, i wont have access to the net for a while though so yeah... Am really scared that me leaving is going to cause Geoff not to spend any time with Lyla though, i feel like i'm taking her away from him... I just dont know what the right thing to do in this situation is. I dont think there really is a "right thing" but i'm pretty sure this is as close as i'll get

Oh babe - HE is taking himself away from her. Not you.

I'm glad you can get away from the situation for now, if you can, try to think about yourself a little more. It might sound weird but YOU are the most important person here - you need a clear headspace to make the right decisions for you and Lyla.

I gotta hand it to you, you are doing a great job amidst a [email protected] situation, it can only get better from here. We will miss you when you are gone, please come back when you can for some BB love!

hope things start to look up for you soon hun if you ever feel like comming to Brissy we have a spare room aswell and you and lyla are both welcome anytime

Jessey,

I'm a bit like Sarah, I've been reading through this thread & I just can't get it out of my mind. So I figured I'd give you my 2cents of support as well.

Firstly - congratulations on birthing Lyla, she's an absolutely beautiful baby. And I love her name

Secondly - I think that the right thing to do is to look after yourself & your needs, and by extension, Lyla. I've kissed my fair share of "frogs", and I know exactly how heartbreaking it can be when you think that you've found the love of your life & they decide they don't feel the same way, although I didn't have the extra emotional stress of having a baby at those stages. But I can say with almost 150% certainty, that there is never a good reason to stay with someone who doesn't love you, and that in time, windows & doors always open. Geoff will always be Lyla's dad, but he needs to grow up & accept this responsibility, which IMHO, is unfortunately a place that he has to get to by himself, and from what you've written, it doesn't sound like he really wants to be involved in the way a dad should be, at least not yet. But I hope for all your sakes he works it out.

Staying with your Dad sounds like a good plan. I don't (obviously) know what your relationship is like with him, but in my experience, the grandparent/grandchild relationship is really special, so it could be a fantastic chance for Lyla to really experience "family", at least I hope it is. And hopefully your Dad will be able to support you emotionally as well, even if he's not necessarily so good at nappy changes (I know my dad isn't).

Anyway, take great care of yourself, I hope that it all starts to look up for you, and come back to BB as soon as you can.

I'm glad you have made a decision for you and Lyla, Jess.
    My offer will always stand, and my door will always remain open (and you wouldn't be a burden, please don't think like that).
    If you want to catch up on a tuesday or thursday for coffee and a chat let me know...
    Take care.
    xx

Mel- Hun your so lovely!!!

Jessey- Im sorry things didnt turn out the way you had planned but like Lulu said your not taking Lyla away from him..he is doing this on his own.

Please take care.. and try and meet up with Mel cause she has a heart of gold

Well done on your decision. I wish you and Lyla all the best.

You cannot change your XP - he will only change if HE wants to. And it doesn't look like HE wants to.

Hugs.

Jessey,

I know it's difficult to be living with the father of your child when there are relationship problems. For me, it has made the pregnancy emotionally very hard at times, and I'm sure with a new bub it is so much harder (I'll find out in approx 5 weeks time).

Good on you for making a decision to live with your Dad. Doing nothing about the situation was also a choice, but you were strong enough to do something. There is never a wrong decision - only the best decision at the time.

Thinking of you, take care of you both.

Maree xx

Default what would you do.

Hi There,

I'm so sorry Jesse this man has done this to you, you must feel so hurt and you have to keep it together for your bubba, i really feel for you hun xxxx

I have a 9 week old little girl, i live with the father but we are not married.

He is a very strong character and doesn't do any housework, cleaning, washing, cooking, shopping he thinks because he works and pays for things i should do all theses things. At weekends he watches sport all day while i cook food for him and do chores.

I am a insecure person and worry about things so i am a worrier and think that he doesn't like me that much and is looking for a better partner.

When we argue he says i'm the worst girlfriend he's ever had, although he has only had short relationships ( we have been together 3 and a half years).
    H tells me he's looking for someone better and that he wants to sleep with other girls ( he hasn't yet as far as i know).

He tells me i'm stupid and when i speak i talk rubbish. He's says he doesn't want me there but then the next day i'm the best thing ever or he can't live without me.

Do you think i should leave this man because i feel as if he hates me .

LOL Kat

belinda_76 Guest

Default hi

hi congrats on ur beautiful little girl, im from the gold coast r u looking for other single mums for freindship?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123