Thread: Moving with kids and custody question.

Default Moving with kids and custody question.

I separated from my ex in December last year and we have a casual visitation agreement of him having the boys every second weekend and every Wednesday. I am wanting to move to Ballarat from Horsham because I am wanting to study, the courses I want to do are in Melbourne but I know I will not get permission to move there. I have an agreement with the ex that I can move as far as Ballarat but because the court orders are tied up with the financial side of the separation there is no legal stuff. If he changes his mind will the court be on my side or not. I do not drive as of yet, I am waiting on the financial side of the separation so I can buy a car so I can get someone to teach me to drive and so I can sit the test. There is 200km between Horsham and Ballarat if that helps. Does anyone live a similar situation, how do you work out the visitation? I am thinking he can take one day off a fortnight and have 3 day weekends with the boys. I just want to have a good education to get a good paying career and give these boys the best life I can. Thanks for any help.

Depends on your reason for moving, ages of children, care arrangements etc. I suggest you get some legal advice before making any firm decisions. Best of luck!

get an appointment with legal aid and find out exactly where you stand.

It is wonderful that you are trying to better yourself to give you and your boys the best life x