Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone use a wet-to-dry straightener?

Default anyone use a wet-to-dry straightener?

pelase tell me everything!

What brand do you use? Do you love it? Is it easy? Does it work well ? Is it better to get the slim one?

any other hints/tips would be awesome. Im thinking of asking DH to buy me one for my bday

Apparently the wet to dry ones aren't very good for your hair? But my sister has one and she likes it. Not sure of the brand though. I think the slim ones are HEAPS easier to use than the big paddle ones! Ive used a few straighteners and by far the best was a GHD, but they are expensive!
    HTH

I use a Remington W2S and it does an okay job, not as good as what it did when I bought it a couple of years ago. I'd like a GHD but I have convince DH that $300 on a hair tool is a worthy purchase!

I only use my W2S a couple of times a week and have no noticeable damage to my hair.

HTH.

kirsty_lee Guest

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE for the love of god girls.. DO NOT STRAIGHTEN your hair when it's wet.. it is sooooooooooooooooooo (x100000) bad for your hair you may not notice it straight away but it really damages your hair causes major split ends and pretty much burns your hair blow dry before straightening if its wet.. i know its more work.. but i've seen so many women screw their hair up from them.. and most hairdressers would faint if you told them you bought a wet to dry straightener

Quote Originally Posted by kirsty_lee View Post
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE for the love of god girls.. DO NOT STRAIGHTEN your hair when it's wet.. it is sooooooooooooooooooo (x100000) bad for your hair you may not notice it straight away but it really damages your hair causes major split ends and pretty much burns your hair blow dry before straightening if its wet.. i know its more work.. but i've seen so many women screw their hair up from them.. and most hairdressers would faint if you told them you bought a wet to dry straightener
    Your hair needs to be 90% dry when you use a Remington W2S so it's definitely not sopping wet when you take it to your hair.

sorry to disappoint but have also heard they really do ruin your hair...i'd stick to the dry hair only...(let's be honest - overuse of these do plenty of damage as well..)
    Goodluck with the research / purchase.

ditto ditto and ditto, don't use them, worst thing you can do with your hair.. besides being really bad for your hair, the result isn't as good as letting the hair dry naturally and then running the tongs over your hair.

Mine's a Remington wet/dry straightener...
    It doesn't work that well when trying to straighten wet hair, so if I need to straighten my hair when it's wet I dry it with the hair drier first.

I once asked a hairdresser about wet vs dry straighteners. She strongly advised against the wet ones. It's like boiling your hair - you add heat to water, it boils, expands and evaporates and damages your hair in the process. I went with a dry staightener.

kirsty_lee Guest

yeah exactly doesnt matter if your hair is 90% dry it has to be bonnnne dry cause your just burning it .. just like people who continue to use pantene.. i say please DONT

Quote Originally Posted by kirsty_lee View Post
    and most hairdressers would faint if you told them you bought a wet to dry straightener
    DO NOT GET A WET/DRY STRAIGHTENER!!!!!! Yes, we would faint. They are horrible things the amount of people who have come into salons I have worked at with damage from using it on wet hair is shocking.
    You are better off getting a decent straightener, the cheapest being Wahl which you can get for around $40-$50 on sale at price attack (the slimline ones) or if you want to spend the money a GHD is the best.
    Use it on dry hair only, and get a heat protectant product, RPR make a good spray for around $20 and Keratase (a lorel brand) have one thats around $40.

Although it will take you an extra 10-15mins to do your hair you wont cause much/if any damage to it.

Yeah mine is a Remington Wet/Dry Diamond one, I LOVE it but it only works well for dry hair... i tried the wet hair thing but it didn't work for my hair, i have long thick hair anyway so takes forever to dry....

like someone else said, best to towel dry your hair first then blowdry it with hairdryer THEN use straightener.... either way, any heat on your hair is bad for it

BUT who cares cos' your hair always looks HOT when it's dead straight!!! YEHA!!

thanks for all the advice. I'm so disappointed thugh as I was so excited after finally thinking of something for DH to buy me

I have the remmington W2S and i only use it when my hair is dry i would like a slim one as the wide one is a bit harder to manage.

My hairdresser said never to use on wet hair so only have once and you can hear the hair boiling and the steam burns your scalp and fingers so def listen to the lovely hairdressers who have said don't use on wet hair.

But do get a straightener they are fabulous.......

s304 Guest

i have been looking around on the internet as im looking at getting one from a online store, do you think you can trust them?

I too have the remington wet to dry and have on occasion used it on damp hair but for the majority of the time i use it on dry hair. Then again i only do my hair if we are going out somewhere nice (with 2 kids i dont have time to spend half hour doing my hair ) and i usually know well in advance so i will wash my hair the night b4 or morning so it's 100% dry. I find my hair goes super frizzy if i blow dry it though. I too am hanging for a GHD they are fab. I do love my straightner even though it doesnt get used as much as i'd like its the only way i can go out and feel nice is if my hair is tame

D, I haven't tried a W2S, but I have heard they're not great for your hair. I have a Cortex straightener that I use every couple of weeks on DRY hair, and I love it!

If you don't already have a a really good straightener, maybe you could upgrade for your bday? It really is worth it

kirsty_lee Guest

Pretty Much Wahl or Ghd are the ones that I personally buy. I've bought all the cheaper ones.. but the last remington i had blew up in my hand.. not died.. like literally blew up. i had black all over my hand and up my arms and peeling skin.. was quite painful. Wahl and Ghd may seem expensive but are a great investment i bought my wahl from Norris Hair Supplies a pink slim line one for 40 bucks.. best purchase i've ever made.. it takes half the time my remington did.. i only have to run it through my hair once instead of spending three four goes on the one part of hair cause my hair is really really really thick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast