thread: Blind zit remedies PLEASE!

Senior Moderator

Nov 2004
    Chickens.

Blind zit remedies PLEASE!

I have a horrid, nasty, blind zit under the bottom of my nostril. It doesn't have a head. There's clearly an infectious process going on as it's been throbbing since Friday.

Is there anything I can do to relieve it/make it come to a head? I've tried a bit of squeezing (nada) warm water (again nada) and leaving it alone (nada).

It hurts like buggery. Help!

Oct 2007
    Perth,WA

I was going to say Hot water, but it was a Nada to that.... Maybe it's realising that the outside world is no place to be!?

I know sometimes I think I'm going to get a mt Vesuvius pimple and it just vanishes again.

Pimples.... Blergh

Dec 2006
    Melbourne

Magnoplasam works but normally you need a band aid don't know if it would work there?

Jan 2009

I was going to say hot water.....it will just be a stick it out and it will go away thing I think.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jun 2008
    In snuggle land

Found this on the inter webs:

1Cover the blind pimples in milk using a cotton ball. Leave for 10 minutes and then rinse. Milk is high in the alpha hydroxy acid--or AHA--glycolic acid. The glycolic acids will cleanse the pores of bacteria and will burn off the outer layers of dead skin cells, in so doing, removing surface dirt and oils. This helps prevent further acne developing.

Reduce the inflammation and swelling of the blind pimples by taking Aspirin or Ibuprofen. Follow the dosage guidelines of the pills you buy and take up to four times a day. These painkillers act as anti-inflammatory drugs, which help calm the acne outbreak and thus reduce the pimples appearance.

Apply ice cubes to your blind pimples. Wrap the ice cube in cloth if needed and then apply to acne. Hold it there for five minutes twice daily. This is best used when a lesion is just beginning to show, as the intense cold reduces blood flow to the area and therefore redness and swelling too.

Coat a gauze pad in several drops of tea tree oil and hold to the target area. Rinse off after five minutes and repeat this three times daily. Its antimicrobial qualities can improve healing time, while its natural cooling effects help sooth inflamed and swollen pores.

Squeeze the gel out of a freshly cut aloe vera leaf and apply to the blind pimples. Rinse off after 20 minutes. Natural healing components act with the body to rebuild damaged tissue while also cooling and soothing the inflamed skin, reducing redness.

Jan 2007

I was going to say tea tree oil too - just go easy, my gf regularly gets little burns on her face from overdoing it when a zit pops up (pardon the pun )

Jan 2009

Dare I say did you try windex?

Oct 2004
    In my Zombie proof fortress.

Any change there may be a hair in that spot? Could be a fine one. If so, pluck it, I sometimes find that removal of the hair will allow the pimple to burst.

Jul 2010
    Melbourne

I always use tea tree too, works great for me

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    melbourne

I was told to use zinc cream! (anything with zinc in it)

Jul 2010
    Canberra

No more squeezing! You'll just push the infection further down. If you want to bring it to a head, heat will help (but make it sorer in the meantime).

Anything antibacterial and anti-inflammatory will help. Tea tree oil is definitely a goodie.

It might sound strange, but calamine lotion is also great - it soothes and reduces redness. I have an excellent Mario Badescu spot treatment that has calamine in it, and it works like magic.

Nov 2009
    Scottish expat living in Geelong

use ice to reduce the inflammation, then tea tree to kill the infection. Works every time for me.

BellyBelly Member

Sep 2010
    North West Victoria, Australia

You can also crush up a panadol and make a paste, or use toothpaste.
    Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Senior Moderator

Nov 2004
    Chickens.

Thanks guys! I'll have to get on to the ice/heat/tea tree I think - it's driving me nuts!

Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong

toothpaste (seriously)

or tea tree oil

Aug 2008
    qld

My dd uses sudo cream on her pimples, we googled it and apparently it has something that reduces the redness.. im not sure about blind ones, but its worth a try..

Jul 2007
    Melbourne

My dd uses sudo cream on her pimples, we googled it and apparently it has something that reduces the redness.. im not sure about blind ones, but its worth a try..
    That'd be the zinc like Olive suggested i think.
    I used to use toothpaste but people thought i was really weird.
    I am going to have to remember ice/heat/teatree for next time.

Jan 2009
    brisbane

i use really really hot water on a washer (like as hot as i can handle) and hold that on in .. i repeat a few times... that always helps my blind ones.