Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying a dress online....

Default Buying a dress online....

I've been hunting high & low to find a dress for a friend's wedding on May 12th and have finally come across the perfect one. Problem is the sizing.... They have the measurements listed but the problem is that I fit into three sizes according to their details (I'll say small med & large to make it easy) - small for bust, medium for hips, large for waist. Now I absolutely adore this dress & can't find anything that I'd even consider wearing other than this one.

So what do I do??? I was thinking of going with the medium & hoping that it fits around the waist as the material is quite stretchy, but what if my baby belly looks gross in it LOL! It's stupid I'm down to my pre-preg weight, but the belly is still there Anyway, it's $105 so more than I would normally spend, so I don't want to be stuck with an expensive dress that I can't wear.

Ooooooh I don't know what to dooooo

Can you buy the large and then take it in if to big....??

Thats a tough situation!

If you're worried about the baby belly, maybe buy one of those nickers that sucks your tummy in? I bought some the other day for only $6 and they work very well.

Not sure if that would work Kim, it's rouched around the bodice so would be difficult to take in. We've already thought of that one...

Tegan, you're a legend!! That could work

Tummy suckers work Tegan!!!!

I wore some to the wedding i went to on the weekend to suck in the post baby and the new baby belly....LOL

Yeah they are great. Although maybe a word of caution they do start to feel suffocating after a while.

Do they make the dresses or order them from the manufacturer, I know alot of these online places will make them to your measurements, maybe try emailing them with your issue, after all they will prolly do what they can to keep you happy and get your custom iukwim.

otherwise ring a dress maker and ask them if it is infact in the to hard basket to take in a rouched dress ( unless you of course are experianced in that area ) me I have no idea of taking things in or all that sort of thing so I would have to get advice.

good luck I hope you can get it, nothing better than wearing something you absolutely love and feeling like a hot mumma in it LOL

and yup I love those knickers too a gals best bud I say hehehe

I would defaintly go larger than smaller, much easier to have it taken if if needed than have it too small.

Depending on what the rouched dress is like, it shouldnt be that much at all.

And I agree too! the knickers are wonderful. Target have them.

Sarah, Rouched around the middle section is actually slimming. My favourite dress is like that and i've put on 5 kilo's since i first bought and and even when i'm feeling gross and fat i can still carry this dress off perfectly without my stomach being an issue

Just what I needed to hear Dee

I'm just about to order it, yay!! Thanks guys!

YAHH Sarah. You are going to look fab in it.

Thanks Summer I'll make sure I get some pics of the three of us all dolled up - Aaron is best man & Zander is ring bearer!

Aww how cute for Zander!

My dress has just arrived & it is PERFECT I got the medium & it fits absolutely perfectly all over, I am sooooo happy

That's excellent news Sarah!

Woo Hoo , I hate stuff even though I try it on... LOL... hee hee I have stacks of stuff I cant be bothered taking back & it's all too small, I reckon they give me bags that make my clothes shrink when i leave the shops... LOL.. *wink*

Woohoo for fitting perfectly Sarah!!
    Can I ask the name of the online store? I'm needing to find a dress to wear to the deb ball this year as my DD is one of the flowergirls. I'm hating shopping ATM..

Nic

Oh dear Nic, I can't remember if I PMed you or not If not, let me know & I will, hope it's not too late!

Well here are some photos. I didn't manage to get any of Zander with the both of us & the one on there with Aaron is the best I managed with him in the crazy mood he was in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast