Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Come on - anyone Botox?

Talking Come on - anyone Botox?

I want Botox. Only on my brow.
    I dont know anyone who has had it - or at least was willing to talk about it. Im not sure how to go about finding someone good and most importantly, is it ok to do when breastfeeding?

Anyone admit to doing it or wanting to do it?

My bestest friend had it done and his head looks shiny and smooth lol

he said its the best money he has ever spent

I don't know about the breastfeeding side of things.. Always ring and ask or email a place

I would love to get it done but will settle for the tummy tuck first then move elsewhere hahaha

Me me me!!! I soooooo want botox and will be getting it asap! Obviously it will be after Bumpty is born and weaned off me.

I have a crease in the middle of my brow that I have lovingly named after my DH. I want it gone for as long as possible!

yup - I have frown lines that I want gone! Too much grumping at my DS
    I told DH that I want it for my next birthday (mid yr) but he says Im too young (im in my early 30`s) and he is worried I will look all plasticy like certain celebs.
    Im not sure when I will wean but it might not happen before next pregnancy if we have another and that means I will have to wait a few more years!!!! And think how much worse the frown lines will be by then.

I am hoping to get lipo after I have had my babies and DH is happy about that. He probably dosent realise yet he is the one paying for it

I enquired about lipo a few years ago and they all said it was fine to get done inbetween pregnancys except for one who said 'wait till you have finished having babies', so I appreciated his honesty and am waiting. Might need a tummy tuck insted by then though

Ok, well I for one can't imagine ever having it done...

...until I found out it's a routine treatment for anal fissure issues these days !

But I still have trouble with the fact that it's a nerve poison...surely you could wait a few months until you're not BFing any more? In the grand span of your life, a few months is neither here nor there...?

Ummmmm guilty....

I love love love the stuff..

Have been doing it for a few years.. so no deep lines in my brow.. or btwn my eyes.. and I have it done on the sides of my eyes - so hardly anything there either..

Go for it girlies.. ok not while pregnant or I agree not with b/f either methinks..

Salsa... My DH is basically echo-ing what yours says. He thinks I am too young (33) and because I have previously got annoyed with some celebs that take it too far he thinks it is a bit hypocritical on my part... he doesn't want me being 'plastic' either.
    He looks at me and sees nothing that I do. I see my big crease from knotting my eyebrows together due to wondering why on earth my DH, DS1, DD do the things they do at times (lol) and I can see my forehead slowly morphing into one closely resembling Gordon Ramsey's.

MsPink - The places you get it are the same places I want it. Do you find you've lost a lot of your expressions? I can't imagine you would. I bet you just look gorgeously refreshed just how I want to look after this bub is weaned.

I would love to get it done - No. 11's on my brow.....but i dont think i would have the guts.....i wouldnt do whilst b/f......

Lisa I think I've heard somewhere that it's good to have it when younger as a preventative measure rather than waiting till you're older and the lines are heavier. Dunno if it's true or not but sounds convincing

Hi Lisa..

My expression is fine..ok maybe not as much as before.. but I make sure I have plenty..but not too much.. so u can still see surprise etc in my face. The Nurse or doc have to know what they are doing. Some of the nurses who are really into it - are better then many of the docs.
    Also - will agree with Raven that the earlier the better. If you have distinct lines now without expression - you need to start before they get worse.. I started before I actually had deep lines so am pretty smooth except when I actually express a feeling.

I have had it heaps of times, as I worked in a practice that did it... I loved it, friends used to say "you look well", and I could smile away without crows feet. A reputable GP wont go overboard, it is the best invention ever.

Once I started ttc I stopped though, and now I am looking less fresh, I cant wait to have it again

smiles4u Guest

Wink

OMG i was talking about this topic whilst at my hairdresser yesterday ...

I said to her i would love to be able to afford the luxury of botox and many other beauty procedures ... but having said that i said to her i would rather be of her young generation (i'm 43 and she is about 24) as by the time ' she ' is of an older age botox would have been around awhile to have learned of any possible side effects like i jokingly said to her "the face collasping" (?) ...

I worked with a guy that was early 30's and he had botox done on a regular basis ... his face was so shiny after his treatment i would joke & ask if he had sprayed Mr Sheen on his face ... He truely had NOT a wrinkle in sight ... and he looked great (never tired even when he lacked sleep) !!
    Last edited by smiles4u; March 22nd, 2009 at 02:50 PM.

...maybe i should get crows feet done too before they set in more? Unfortunatly i already have brow lines, but i want to stop them getting worse. im happy to have a few lines, but dont want to look haggard when Im older and I would be happy to minimise expressions anyway because I have a very expressive face and people misread it a lot.

How do you know if your botox dr or nurse is any good? Whats the best way to find a good one and any guidence on what I should expect to pay.

I suppose I should wait till I have finished breastfeeding, lets hope my face can hang on till when ever weaning occurs.

Salsa - wait till you've finished b/f and we'll talk again..sadly i think prices will go up till then..
    In the meantime - stop frowning!!

No, you cannot have it done whilst breastfeeding, it's a toxin after all.

...until I found out it's a routine treatment for anal fissure issues these days !
    Yep, this is why I know you can't do it whilst b'feeding, I have a very good friend who had to wean her DS in order to have this procedure done.

I've been telling DH for a few years that I want it done between my eyes. I will seriously consider it once this new baby has finished feeding. He is also against it but hey, it's my face!

How about fillers? Anyone done any fillers? I have lines (folds?) that run from the side of my nose down to my chin - you know, the marionette type lines - they aren't that bad, but I was told that if you take care of it early it does wonders. I understand that fillers are better than botox for these. I've been eager to explore this further but do not know who to ask for a recommendation of where to go. I've only asked my hairdresser, but his recommendation was a bit wishy-washy for me - and also way out of the way.

I have had the restalane as well. I wasnt as happy with the result that I had from the botox. Though my DH is ten years younger than me, maybe it looked better than I thought

Now girls, I dont want you all thinking I look like a barbie doll, or like this I promise I look quite normal, and one would never know I had enhancements

Quote Originally Posted by wouldloveabubba View Post

Now girls, I dont want you all thinking I look like a barbie doll, or like this I promise I look quite normal, and one would never know I had enhancements

about the , and not being able to tell is the way it should be I think

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast