Thread: Deoderant and breastcancer

Thumbs down Deoderant and breastcancer

Looking for a please explain and i think imight have to take it up with the company that sells the product BUT, i just recently bought deoderant which was the "pink" stuff so money was donated to Breastcancer and i try to buy "pink" things when i can, but i read the back of the tin when i got home and saw it contains aluminium isnt this the same as a cigerrette company saying they'll donate $2 from every packet of ciggys they sell, it NUTS Thinking now i should have put this in the boo hoo page but i think everyone needs to be aware of it. Watch out for deoderants with aluminium in them the link to breast cancer has been shown in quite a few studies now.

Really? I thought that was a myth.

I just thought that everything was carcinogenic these days... Not a huge fan of aluminium in deodorant anyway.

Yeah no one seems to have the answers yet but such few studies have been done some +ive some_ive. I just dont understand if theres even the slightest chance, why have it in a product. I come from more of an alternative health background and aluminium in anything is a big no no. I guess we have the right to make informed choices, but i think the jury is still out on this one.

There are quite a few aluminum free deodorants on the market. I've just placed an order for the MiEssence one. For me it's a matter of trusting the company. The products found in supermarkets are usually just the ones made by big companies who (to me, just my opinion) seem to have a poor record when it comes to making the safest products and caring about the environments etc.

Matryoshka Guest

When i worked in the beauty industry the go was that the amount of aluminium in the deoderants is less than you would otherwise absorb walking down the street - or something to that effect.

And yep there are heaps of aluminium free options but unfortunately they won't stop you sweating which is an issue for some.

I do agree with the aluminium thing though, Scooby. Our pot and pans now are stainless steel. It is tough to get pans without teflon these days (which supposedly is also aluminium). I have heard (but havent bothered to research it so dont quote me) that aluminium is strongly linked to Alzeimers.
    Definitely best to go as natural as you can. Thats why we only use natural cleaning products and only when really needed etc.

That's what I was thinking Krysalyss: aluminium has been linked to Alziemers via ingestion so why not via skin absorption? You wouldn't think it would matter how it got into the body.

I guess I'm lucky I'm not a heavy sweater... surely there would be something else that prevents heavy sweating?