Thread: Flowergirl dresses - hit me with your ideas

Default Flowergirl dresses - hit me with your ideas

My BIL is getting married later this year and wants my 8yoDD to be a flowergirl.

All the flowergirls I've seen lately have been more pre-school age.... so I'm after dress ideas for a tall, blonde 8yo. The dress can be white, pink or red (or a combination I guess). Any suggestions ladies? Or any names of online stores I can check out (just the names, as you'll be breaking BB guidelines if you post the url).

Thanks in advance She is VERY excited about being a flowergirl.

I had a "junior" bridesmaid in my wedding.. she picked a pattern, the fabric, and had it made for her... wasn't very exxy, and she picked it all herself!!!
    Just an idea babe...

A simple white dress, with red ribbon around the middle, and a nice fluffy beer jacket (the fluffy ones that kind of look like angel wings) this is a beautiful look, and a nice necklace with a pearl drop would go well. You can get white dresses anywhere (even myer) and you could add some beautiful ribbon to the middle quite easily. The jacket would be the expensive bit, but would look quite pretty... if you don't want to go that route, you can get the half sleeve dresses with the box neckline thats also very elegant.

Beer coat AKA Fur Shawl
    Last edited by Rouge; April 15th, 2009 at 09:53 PM.

I found it really hard to find a nice white dress to suit an 8 yr old flower girl, it was silly!
    I ended up buying the material and had a friend make it (make it a longer length cos she will feel all grown up).
    Empire line is lovely and you can tie a ribbon or find some nice detail to attach.

Oooo I'm loving these ideas. My Mum is actually a designer, and she has offered to make my daughter's dress if I can narrow down what we actually want.... simple is good, I think, afterall - it's not about her on the day

My daughter was 8 when we married, and we got her a gorgeous dress from Myer. It cost about $80 and was much, much cheaper than the awful looking ones we saw in bridal shops. It was perfect for her as she is also tall. She still has it and told me she wants it for her wedding! lol

Here are some pics;
    Dress
    Full pic of dress

When we got married I ordered the dress off of ebay. It was beautiful and cheap! Lots of variety to choose from.

I second ebay, there are heaps on there up to size 12 reasonable prices too. I have been looking for my girls for next year. How exciting for her

Thanks for sharing those pics Lisa - she looks stunning!

Maybe something like this......this is my niece who was my flowergirl/junior bridesmaid...mum and designed the pattern together off a dress i saw online at one of those bridal sites

Bridesmaids dress