Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going Grey - whats the deal!

Default Going Grey - whats the deal!

Ok, Im not freaked out by this but I find it strange the way its happening so thought I would ask.

I have a cluster of Grey hairs (on my head lol). I'm probably noticing them more because of the re growth against the darker hair colour. But what I find odd is how they are all in the one spot. Is that normal?

I wonder (not making excusses lol) if there is a reason why I have grey (well white) hair growing in this one spot. I reakong I am going to end up with a lighting bold of grey hair in that one spot! LOL

So its it normal to go grey this way? By the way, while I am not freaked out by it, I am only 27!

Oh I hear you FJ!

I have a couple of "patches" too and that is how my Mum is greying as well.

yeah my sister has a lightening bolt at the front and it looks sensational! hers started in her early 20s. she has never dyed it and sure is a sexy lady

Maybe its caused by the brain pulsating in the one spot when dealing with the kids

but yes I have had a few grey hairs too which my husband thinks is funny He gets them too..

Ive only just turned 24 and ive had a few grey hairs. Ive heard it can be caused by stress.

Ive also heard of people going grey overnight. Like my cousins friend, she reckons he went grey basically overnight after his father died.

Has anyone else heard of this?

Sometimes i find a really long strand of grey, and i think OMG how did i miss that! (cause i tweeze em out) So maybe it turned grey overnight????!!!

It can be a family thing, but it can sometimes be a mineral deficiency in some cases - maybe copper? I can't remember....

hmmm really? thats interesting!

FJ........I have a couple........one sprouts from a spot on my forehead where I have ALWAYS had a cowlick. So now I have a white cowlick.

And I occasionally get he odd spot of alopecia (sp?)....my last one was behind my ear, which has since grown back, but it has grown back grey......

I henna my whole head of hair and it gets rid of the lot......the white spots go a different tone to the rest, but it blends in well........

DoubleK Guest

Lucy my mum suffered from Alopecia (sp) last year - due to stress.
    its quite a scary thing when you have no idea what it is! but now we realise its quite common!

I have grey hairs behind my ears, i didnt even know,lol hairdresser informed me recently. Pay back for plucking Dhs grey hairs.
    By the way we are both 33

Just checked, there is some evidence but it looks like improving your B12 intake/levels is worth a shot

It's the first to drop if you are stressed etc

ETA: Get your mum to increase the B12 KB!!

Lucy my mum suffered from Alopecia (sp) last year - due to stress.
    its quite a scary thing when you have no idea what it is! but now we realise its quite common!
    Its a shocker. I have suffered with it (from stress) on and off now for nearly 20 years.......patches the size of a 50 cent peice usually. I have nightmares about it. My hair is very thick, so if I do get a patch I can usually hide it, but it fills me with dread.

I've been going grey at the sides, and have been since the girls were born. Must be stress...

Lucy my dad has that too but hasn't had a full fall out for about 10 years now. He gets 10 cent piece clumps every now and then.
    He's got salt and pepper grey hair. My mum hasn't got any and they are the same age.

FJ I'm getting a few. Mainly in the middle of my head but I do find the odd one around my hairline.

Luce, (and everyone else) - it's important to know that stress sucks everything out of you. Taking a broad spectrum B (there are lots of B vitamins and they are ALL important) for a few months will help your hair and your stress levels.

I remember in college all the smarty pants Nutrition students started taking Multi B's aprrox 3 weeks before exams started.

DoubleK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    Its a shocker. I have suffered with it (from stress) on and off now for nearly 20 years.......patches the size of a 50 cent peice usually. I have nightmares about it. My hair is very thick, so if I do get a patch I can usually hide it, but it fills me with dread.
    my mum had a very stressful job, the alopecia plus very high blood pressure were enough to give her a bit of a health scare, and she quit her job on the spot after 10 years, now she is happy 7 healthy, but always a bit worried that she may get patches come back again, hers were well hidden thank god.
    MIL's friend is completely bald from alopecia - she wears a wig. i never realised till dp mentioned it to me once!

ETA: mum has just turned 48, and has about 10 grey hairs.... which she cuts out!! i always tell her she will get 10 more for everyone she cuts, but she hasnt had any new ones for about 2 years!
    Last edited by DoubleK; February 5th, 2008 at 09:40 PM. Reason: eta

I remember in college all the smarty pants Nutrition students started taking Multi B's aprrox 3 weeks before exams started.
    PMSL...that was me! I studied Nutrition at uni.....and for a good many years chuggalugged back the B's......and still feel safe when I have a stash of Berocca in the house!

Sadly it doesn't work on my hair....nor does In-Liven.

hmmm dh drinks berocca maybe i should

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast