Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hair

Just got in from the hairdresser & log on to BB & see this thread......mine was blonde but couldn't keep up with the colour or the re-growth so now it's brown & I love it!!!

Golden Dark Brown, no streaks, no highlits. I am a natural brunett. I have always wanted to go really, really light brown. Hmmmmmmm I need a cut and colour, so maybe after this post, I'll ring and make an appointment

Always has been dark brown. I envy women who can switch from dark to light to red to purple etc... I don't think any other colour but my natural dark shade would suit.

DoubleK Guest

i feel beteer knowing im not the only one with re-growth showing

naturally brown with natural reddish highlights. i had foils once - never again! i am lucky to have naturally shiny hair with no greys at all! not bad for 38...DH is grey free too with dark brown really wavy hair.

mine is a mousy brown at the roots and browm furter down .. i really want foils now .. have been thinking the last few days i need to dye it ...

how do i do a home job blonde ... can it be done ??

Currently blue/black and where the grey streak is it is shiny blue - sounds strange but looks ok, always get comments on it and do I how I get it - I just tell them "grow grey hair and you too can look as cool as me!!!"

dusty I have never had foils can you tell me why you wouldn't have them again? Hmmmmmmmmm if its bad I need to know he he he

I have found some greys, oh well lets hope becoming more wise came with them!!!

i wish i didnt have to colour my hair, but ive had grey hairs since i was 17 so i like to cover them up

Blanche, me thinks your beautiful either way!!!!

awww ur a sweetie

DoubleK Guest

my mum is now 47, and still only about 10 grey hairs on her head, i colour her hair every couple of months for her, and am always told, make sure u cover those damn greys!!

soul, the reason i didn't like the foils were the smell of the chemicals while getting them done (i hate strong chemical smells) and i am really not a fussy person and i couldn't be bothered having them done time and again once they start to grow out. and i thought they looked silly on me when they were growing out. that was a good gene i got from my mum - the lack of grey hair until later in life. hugs mum
    that said i really like grey hairs on men (salt and pepper look) and i know some amazing women who embrace their grey hair and it really is about how they 'wear' it so confidently. i just like my natural colour and i guess one of these days i am also going to have to embrace grey as i don't like hair dyes (except i could possible try henna).

does anyone henna their hair? how often do you have to do it and does it come out differently each time?
    xx

What's henna?

Henna is a natural dye made from a plant.

My hair is dark brown bordering on black. More and more greys coming with each child

ah rosehannah, perhaps that is what will happen when i finally have a child - i will go grey! bring on the grey hair for me i say

henna is also what women in africa, the middle east and asia use to stain and paint their hands and feet for decoration and cultural reasons. it is green and kind of gooey when it is applied but leaves a a colour between orange and dark red depending on how long it is left on for. if you get it on your nails it wont ever come off until they grow out as i discovered once!

well mine is blonde for now in winter I like to go brown but I love red hair and have been that before but DH hates red hair ( his ex boss was one and she had a temper) He calls them FOTs

Just read your post Dusty my sister uses Henna all the time and I love the colour of her hair she does it as oftern as you would with normal die her hair seams fine, She just
    does the roots first and leaves it on them for about 10/15mins longer than all the other hair..
    Last edited by New Dawn; December 15th, 2007 at 03:02 PM.

FOT tali?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast