Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP .. any hairdressers ?? Pics of my hair .. what can i do to it ???

Default HELP .. any hairdressers ?? Pics of my hair .. what can i do to it ???

ok ... i need new hair ... its so fluffy and puffy , DH says i look like MEDUSA

i have curly hair and towards the scalp it is just frizzy , not defined curls ....
    and at the top i have the most annoying baby hair that sticks up like i have put my finger in a socket ...

i am going mental .. all i do is pull it back ,load it up with bobby pins and put a head band in to keep the small frizzy bits back ...

SOMETHING has to be done ... i cant stand my hair ..

whats a good produt to make my frizz into curls .. should i cut it ????

look at the pics and let me know what you think ... i need some ad vice or i'll cut it all off ...

here is a link to my hair on photobucket ....
    http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...a/DSCF1934.jpg
    http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...a/DSCF1930.jpg
    http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...a/DSCF1928.jpg
    http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...a/DSCF1926.jpg
    http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...a/DSCF1927.jpg
    Last edited by *charmalea*; December 10th, 2007 at 07:20 AM.

Smile

You are just gorgeous and I love your hair! I'm not a hairdresser but it looks like you need a good conditioning treatment to get your hair back on track. I like the length, it just needs a bit of TLC.

Lea- you have awsome hair lady! Don't cut it, its ace! Leave it wild woman.

Product is the key...... that and never brushing it when it is dry. I use a wide tooth comb in the shower and then that is it.

It is a bit of trial and error. My hair is curly but very fine. i use alot of different products, infact i am the self proclaimed product queen!

Sunsilk make a decent cheap curl hair product.
    Loreal do a decent more expensive one, hair care shops sell it- can't remember the name. I used to use their curl control "system". Shampoo conditioner, treatment and product.
    There are alot of expensive hair products, many of which i have tried, but not many that are any good.

I have also heard of people using a leave in conditioner, but that makes my hair a bit greasy.....

I know your frustration, but last time i lost it over my hair and cut it off, i regretted it. Now trying to grow it out!

ETA- is the baby hair an all the time thing, or just since you have had a baby IYKWIM?

I love it too, I had long wavy/curly hair & got it all cut off & now I have to actually DO my hair daily & it sux!

I am noit a hairdresser either!!! LOL

OOOH My balding hair from preg is startinmg to grow back at my temples & it always grows straight out so in a few mths time it will look like I have Devil Horns!!! LOL

Kinda funny, ATM it looks like I shaved a week ago & it's growing back now!!! hee hee! All 3 have been the same!

Hi Lea,
    I'm also not a hiardressor (sorry!) but have you tried Tresemme Anti-Breakage Creme? It comes in a tub, and you use it like conditioner, but leave it in a little longer. My hair isn't curly at all, but can get very fluffy and frizzy and just all round messy! Using that conditioning creme really helps to keep it down flat.

I love the length, and I think its really nice. Have you tried looking at some hairdresser websites? There's one that my sis loves (and is always trying to get me to look at and find a style i like ... I have waist length long straight hair, no style, very boring lol... she is a apprentice hairdresser and just hates that she can't cut my hair something wacky or weird!) http://www.ukhairdressers.com/Style%20Gallery.asp

OMG, you've got gorgeous hair don't you dare cut it short just get the ends trimmed to take care of any split ends.
    I'm not a hairdresser but I would say that you need to use a shampoo & conditioner for curly hair and go to price attack (or similar) and get a serum for defrizzing. If you're not sure what you're after ask the assistant.
    Also if you brush hair when it is wet it's weaker so it's more prone to stretching and breaking. I used to have a flat mate with an afro and she used one of those long combs with the wide teeth.

OMG you could grow an afro!!! I love afros!!!

You are so pretty & your hair totally suits you!! I just had to say that, I have no product advice or anything, sorry, but don't cut it, it looks great!

Lea - do not cut that amazining hair!!!

TiGi have a fantastic curl range. Ange is right product is the key to keeping your curls defined and frizzless.

My advice would be to use a quality s/poo & cond and after you towel dry your hair apply a curl booster and let it dry naturally. Dont ever blow dry or brush it. Get the product in your hand and twist your hair around your fingers in a spiral to define the curls whilst taming them with prduct.

You can also try sleeping on a satin pillow case, this helps to eliminate frizz too.

Just pop into your salon and ask them to try out some products in your hair as they can be a bit $$. That way you wont be wasting $$ on something that might be too heavy,oily or just not right for you, the salon should do this for you for no cost. Also see if they have a product guarentee, my salon has one so that if you are not happy just return it within 7 days and we will replace it with a more suitable one.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more Q's. I Might even have some samples i can post to you xo

Hairdressers have always told me not to comb hair when wet, like Dach said, it can be more prone to stretching and breaking, but it's the only way to stop the frizz in my hair. you just can't win sometimes! lol

dont you dare cut of that hair! OMG I would kill for hair like that (watch out..he he).
    I agree go to a good salon (or 2) and get some advice from them, and then decide from there.

i have tried TIGI , but it just makes it too fluffy .. erything makes my hair fluffy ...
    i try shampooing the scalp only and conditiong the ends ...

i guess its time for a conditiong treatment and an afro comb .... the silk pillowcase is a good idea too ...

you are gorgeous Lea but I know how it feels when you just HAVE to get something done bcos it drives you insane!

have you tried kevin murphy products - there is prod called hairscreen that is really lightweight and stops the baby fuzz. My hair isn't straight or curly just has baby fuzz since I had Jake and this product helps to define it into a wave

You have to try the sunsilk curling stuff (cant remember the name LOL). Its in the new aqua blue bottle. I put it in when my hair is wet, brush it and then scrunch your hands through your hair when its dry to make the product soft. It tames the frizz and doesnt leave your hair heavy. My mum and I swear by the stuff!

Hi
    I have very curly, ringlet prone, frizzy hair, but mine is long as I have used 'length' to 'weigh' it down so it can be a bit more controlled. If I had it short it would be just like yours.

I use Herbel Essence cond and shampoo, I comb with a wide tooth comb, then I put 'Pantene Frizz Defence, Anti-Frizz Serum' (also Schwarzkopf Zero Frizz Hair Serum is good), both these products are a lot cheaper than John Frieda!

Then I spray some 'John Frieda Dream Curls' on, THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!! I dont know what I would do without it!! Seriously! I use it also to give my curls/ringlets a renewed look on the second day when I cant be bothered washing it, it brings back that freshly washed look with just a spray and some light scrunching. I love it!

Before I hair-dry I spray some hairspray, then I use my diffuser and give it another light spray afterwards.

If its got a bit frizzy or fluffy in some areas I just spray some of the dream curls in that spot and lightly scrunch.

I hate every second day when I have to wash my hair, its such a task but has to be done

My poor dd looks like shes going to have my curls as her hair is full of them already!! poor thing

I've just seen this and OMG I am sooo jealous! There are quite a few really good products out there, I'd say go get some advice And you can always go all 50's and wrap your head in a silk scarf

Lea you have absolutely beautiful hair darl. Have you tried growing it? it can be hard work but OMG how gorgeous would it be long swept up into a twist with ringlets falling down?

My hair used to be curlier but I grew it really long once and the curl kinda grew out because it got so long and heavy that I *think* it altered the shape of my hair follicle. Anyhow it's never been the same... I used to say my hair was curly, now it's just wavy. Also tying it back into a pony over a long period of time has taken out my curls too.

Anyhow I love your curls... like the others have said; Don't go cutting it!!

Hi Lea...I'm an ex-hairdresser...I'd go with what Chon has suggested. Also, shampoo, condition and use a leave in moisturiser, but perhaps use your fingers for styling when wet. The more you attack it when it's dry, the more it'll have that frizzy, fuzzy look.

The curls look pretty well defined in the first photo...and your hair looks healthy and shiny. Definitely try some of the curl defining products as a start and perhaps use a moisturising treatment once every couple of weeks if you feel the ends feeling a little "crunchy". Regular trims will help keep the curl in check too.

i think its time for a trim , and i had just washed my hair , thats why its shiny ... but even when i havent washed it for a while it still frizzes ... i do like my hair but it is hard to manage .. i hate tying it back all the time but its the only way ..

i will look for a curl defining treatment soon , one that doesnt make it sticky or oily ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast