Thread: how 2 make jeans fit tighter?

Default how 2 make jeans fit tighter?

hi im not sure if anyone can help but ive bought some really expensive jeans and its 2 late 2 take them back. They're a size 8 and since ive had my daughter my weight is just wierd and im 2 big 4 a 6-7 and just a lil 2 small 4 an 8. Can anyone tell me how 2 swink them a lil?

The dryer always makes my clothes a size smaller, my size 10 jeans are too big for me but I put them in the dryer and they are right (untill you wear them in a bit then they get a little loose).

But a belt is also a great alternative if they aren't too baggy in the legs.

Gosh i wish i had that problem!!!

yeah i tried the driyer then an hr after wearing them there 2 big again....grrrrrrr not happy.
    Catrionalee: Its so silly isn't it how some want weight off and others want it on. I hate being thin, it really bugs me, its really hard 2 find clothes that make me look like i have some "junk in the trunk".....hahahaha :-)

Easy. Get fatter :P

Seriously though, can you get them altered at the dressmaker, or the dry cleaner etc ??
    Last edited by Trish; January 11th, 2008 at 02:33 PM.

You can have some of my fat LOL! It's free too

I agree with getting them altered or buying a belt. Good Luck

If they are a popular brand you could try selling them on ebay (in 'as new' condition) and then buy yourself another pair that fits properly!

Commiserations form a fellow skinny runt I have exactly the same problem.

Steer clear of stretch denim as it gets too soft with body heat and ends up slipping off. The heavy rigid denims are best. Santa got me some really cool Lee ones. A bit exxy but worth it They are a boot cut style. Low rise but not too low. Sorry I can't remember the style but will sus it out later as they are in the washing machine as I type this.
    I tried on a few different cuts with Lee and it;s amazing how the sizes differ with the same brand. Very frustrating!

With the ones you already have, would it be worth your while taking them to get them altered? You may just need a dart in the waistband...

Or put them on in a hot bath, and let them dry on you.

I wish i had that problem!!! Get fatter . Try the dryer

thanx raven its a pain in the bum knowing what jeans will actually give me a bum! and which one make me look yuk. Well everyone telling me 2 get fatty, id love 2 got any tips on that? And dont say eat something, coz i love my food :-)

Hey Kass!
    I agree with the ebay option.. If they're a popular brand, sell them on ebay and there could be someone selling one in the size you need.
    In terms of gaining weight.. eat dinner at 9pm every night! That way your body doesn't really have any time to burn off the calories

paradise lost Guest

If they were a cheap pair i'd suggest a boil wash (but you don't want to shrik them so much you can't wear them, right?) but since they're good ones i'd probably sell them on the Bay and buy a smaller pair.

I boil wash cotton clothes everytime i lose weight - bridges the gap between having to buy new clothes

Bx

LOL Kass, if you're anything like me gaining weight is not an option. I eat all the time and eat whatever I want and Im a 6-7 as well.
    I normally put my jeans in a hot wash (but the colour will fade quicker than normal) then stick in the hot dryer and dont iron them

Thanx guys im going 2 try some of ur suggestions and eat at 9pm thats an interesting one reagan. Ill let u all know how i go!

You could try exercising to add muscle bulk instead of fat bulk. I know that especially having my 3rd bubba my pants seemed kinda saggy around the butt-region... but my bones wouldn't allow me to go down a size. Very frustrating.

.... still wishing i had this problem

I too have this problem I have a great pair of jeans that I love as the have very thick pockets with lots of cross over patten which is ment to help to give me a butt, the only problem is that the waist band is way to big so every time I wear them I have to have a belt but then I end up with the belt around my middle and the pants gathering around the sides grrrr.. anyway I have put a bit of elastic around the back half of my waist band ( like they do for kids jeans ) now they fit better with a belt no one can tell. shame cant be said for the new pair of skinnys I just brought after only half hour of wearing them thay arent so skinny anymore...Just wish shop would all have a uniformed size when they say 8 I wish thats what they mean....