Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Often Do You Buy Undies?

missymiss Guest

I just buy undies all the time. I love them. I think I have so many that they stay in good condition and I don't seem to throw out. I am extremely fussy about the fit. If I get muffin top I don't buy them. If undies fit me perfectly, I feel great wearing them.
    I worked out the other day, that I have a lingerie set that's at least 6 years old! How's that for quality! The only reason I know this is because it was given to me by an ex, and so I know how old I was when I got it.
    I often get knickers for presents because my mum and friends know that I love them so much, hence I have soooo many.

I am designing a lingerie range ladies, so I would love to hear what you like/love/hate about underwear that's out there.

I still buy undies for my DD2 & sometimes for DD1 and always for their Christmas stocking.

I find that I prefer to buy my undies from the same stores as then I know they have the ones I like. I also get them from Best and Less as they usually have a large range but the down side is that I don't have one near me. DD1 got me into Bonds boy leg but it has to be the correct boy leg.

I usually buy in fits and starts, feast or famine describes my underwear draw.

missymiss Guest

Apparently, the average woman has 11 bras, and 22 pairs of knickers. I reckon I have waaaaay more knickers than that!

I buy undies when I can't find any. Will usually get 3-5 of different types, to see what I like, then come home, wash them, then find about 30 pairs of undies when I sort the washing out. And by then have forgotten which ones I hate, so have to wear them all again. So annoying!

missymiss - really? 11 bras? I have like 3! 2 everyday ones that are the same style, colour etc, and one sports one. Oh, and a crap old maternity one that i wear to bed when DH is on night duty - don't know why, but I can't sleep without a bra on when he isn't here!

I tend to go on undie rampages a couple of times a year. All of a sudden I'll look in my lingerie drawers and declare that I have "no good undies left" although if I open another drawer or two I'll find pairs stashed in there. So off I trot to Myer or DJ's, or if I'm really feeling lazy will jump on Zodee online and spend a fortune whilst promising myself these will do me for at least a year or two. Never happens.

The one good thing though is that I've given up on spending a fortune on fancy-schmancy sexy undies - the ones where you pay $90 for 3 bits of string that I can hide in the palm of my hand and still have room left over. DP explained that he never notices other than to figure out the quickest way to get them off so I figured why bother wasting the money? I may as well tie 3 strips of newspaper together and wear that as it would probably achieve the same effect.

ETA: Off to find out why it's recommended to buy black undies and chuck them after birth. Gosh I feel so clueless about this whole pregnancy/motherhood schmangle at times.

BR - cause they don't stain, they are cheap, they come in bulk packs, you don't get too attached to them , and men's undies are better cause they have room for post-partum pads.

I'm going to toss out all my old ones and replace them with my tax cheque!

11 bras & 22 pairs of undies?

I have 3 bras + a sports bra & around 10 pairs of undies.

When my old ones are getting too Holey!!! Every now and then I will buy a pair or 2 but not often. I buy undies for DH more often than I buy them for myself, but I take better care of my undies than he does of his. However the tables have turned, DH has to buy a heap of true Grundies (the really high ones that are loose around the belly) for my hospital bag when he next does the grocery shopping. Most of my undies sit where my CS scar will be, so I really need them.
    Last edited by alioops; April 26th, 2009 at 10:30 PM. Reason: The too needed to be changed from single O to OO :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12