Thread: i need help with eyeshadow..

Red face i need help with eyeshadow..

so i need some new eyeshadow but have next to no idea what colour i should be wearing... i have blue eyes....

having met you and know your hair and skin colour too, i would say stick to light natural tones, like pinks and browns but not heavy. TBH i never wear eye shadow as i look like ive been punched in the face lol

Why dont you go to knox and have a few done at that stool in the middle of the walkway near Myer or even go to myer and get them to try a few. you dont HAVE to buy their items although they will try to make you lol

Oooh eyeshadow!!
    I don't wear any of the powder eye shadows...only the cream ones as I find they are easier to use.
    I recently went to the Clinique counter and got a great one that does my cheeks and eyes too..called Clinique up-lighting liquid illuminator. It's in an apricot/peach color. I love it.
    Also use alot of the Calvin Klein eye color wash.
    We are pretty similar in coloring I think Olive
    I have, browns, purples/light greys and some lighter Olive green colors.
    If you are ever in the CBD I would recommend you got between both DJ's and Myer as they both stock different ranges.
    The Body Shop also have an excellent range these days..they will do your colors for you too.
    Have fun, ask for some free samples to help you decide

Likewise, I know you obviously LOL and agree with Loula... light is the way to go. A good point to start is to buy a shade that is quite similar to your actual skin tone. This should always be your foundation shade... use this and it will help you blend the other colour/s. Good blending is important. Wear shimmery eye shadows at night and matt ones during the day. I would start off with some brown or grey hues before you advance to colours. Learn to define and create the most flattering shadows then as you become confident doing that add a bit of colour (like blues/greens). There is also the skill of eye lining which is kind of separate...

Almay brand cosmetics sells a eyeshadow quad with the shades that best highlight blue eyes (as well as one for brown, green etc). They have them in Priceline chemists and I've seen them in Coles etc. I like that idea because you get 3 different colours in the quad.
    I've got blue eyes too and stick to netural browns mostly, and for going out I highlight them with a silvery grey around my top and bottom lash line as well, or even blue if I'm feeling adventurous.

thanks my lovelies!!

i do usually stick to browns and pinks etc.. jsut got worried i was wearing the wrong colour!
    i might go to the body shop as i have there lippy and foundation already..

thanks again