thread: New tongue piercing questions

BellyBelly Member
    Add xXHopeXx on Facebook

Jan 2010
    Penrith, NSW

New tongue piercing questions

I *think* I'm in the right section, i looked through the lists on my phone and it seemed to match best

Just got my tongue pierced today, any tips on foods easy to eat while it's still sore and healing? I ate relatively ok for most of the day, but it just starts to get abit sore from food catching it slightly and moving it etc. considering I haven't had it done for even 12hrs yet

I've bought icy poles and soups... Any other suggestions for foods to help you through those initial days?

Also, how long did it take for it to become less sensitive for you?

Thanks ladies!

Add TubbyPuff on Facebook

Jan 2012
    Perth!

New tongue piercing questions

For me all cold food was good jelly and the like the softer the food the better.
    Mine took about 3-4 days to start feeling better and I was able to start eating normal food again hope it heals nicely for you

Add Ms_Fi on Facebook

May 2009
    Hunter Valley, NSW

Milkshakes, Up and Go, frozen coke, slurpies etc are all great.

Nurofen is good for the swelling as well.

Don't forget to gargle regularly with either salt water or alcohol free mouthwash and expect the next couple of days to be more swollen than it is at the moment.

Apr 2009
    Epping, VIC

I lived on potato and gravy from KFC for the first couple of days....
    Although I was 17 and didn't know what nutrition was
    Try fruit purée?

Add CKJ on Facebook

Dec 2011
    Central Coast NSW

I drank lots of alcohol after mine (hmmmm typical 18yo)

But food wise - custard, jelly, icecream. I found cold foods worked best for me!

BellyBelly Member
    Add xXHopeXx on Facebook

Jan 2010
    Penrith, NSW

Thanks ladies!! I was hoping to get those responses justifies my AF sugar cravings, LOL!

CKJ - I would with alcohol, but alas, I've been told I can't have any for a few days lol

What did/would you guys use as a mouthwash? My piercer recommended the difflam c one, but I looked at the back and it apparently contains ethanol, which I thought was a no-no for it? I mean he's the professional, so I trust him, but thought perhaps he may have been incorrectly informed?
    I used it anyway tonight figuring its probably better than not using it..

Yep, nurofen has been my friend today too! I take it when I can really feel the swelling making the piercing uncomfortable, and when I've been talking too much and the hole gets sore

Can't wait for it to be healed!

Jan 2009

I found icecream was my best friend for the few days after getting mine, but really i just stuck to anything that wasn't crumbley or gonna risk getting anything stuck in it, oh and NO chewing gum til your used to it!!!

Add Butterfly Dawn on Facebook

Aug 2008
    Climbing Mt foldmore

babyfood! lol and smoothies etc
    I think he just means don't drink alcohol cause you'll forget your pierced and maybe damage yourself

Add Butterfly Dawn on Facebook

Aug 2008
    Climbing Mt foldmore

here's a thought- how old is too old to have a tounge pierced

Add Ms_Fi on Facebook

May 2009
    Hunter Valley, NSW

The Oral B mouthwash is really good and alcohol free.

You def need to avoid alcohol as it'll irritate the fresh wound. Also don't forget no kissing, smoking or oral sex for 6 weeks

BellyBelly Member
    Add xXHopeXx on Facebook

Jan 2010
    Penrith, NSW

Doubletrouble - I obviously don't think there is an age limit. Same with most other people, and piercings for that matter. Each to their own huh...

Mis_fi - is that mouthwash available just at the supermarket?

Add Ms_Fi on Facebook

May 2009
    Hunter Valley, NSW

Yeah you can get it in Supermarkets, chemists and places like BigW and Kmart.

Nov 2009
    Tasmania

For me, both times I've had my tongue pierced, nurofen to keep the swelling down, and salt water mouth washes. I've had lots of body piercings, and since switching to salt water washes with newer ones (including surface piercings and ones down below), I have had much less irritation and crustiness (eww!) than I did with antiseptics or alcohol based things. Hope it heals nice and fast for you

Dec 2005
    Melbourne, Vic

I lived on slurpess and any soft food I would make really small and shove to back teeth to chew and swallow without tounge working too hard! Bout a week and I was fine.