Thread: OK So Shoot Me I'm Old, I Just Want Nanna Knickers

Default OK So Shoot Me I'm Old, I Just Want Nanna Knickers

So decided that I wanted a nice maternity bra and knicker set. All my stuff is plain, functional.

Started looking. All the knickers are bikinis or ...

G-STRINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maternity g-strings. Whoda thunk it. Think I may have even tutted in horror.

I just want some flaming nanna knickers in a nice fabric that cover my butt and some of my tummy.

Too much to ask obviously.

Feel free to recommend brands but HOTMilk don't fit me properly and I don't like the stupid, tryhard names.

How good are they! I got some when I was about where you are in pregnancy and I sometimes still wear them as they are sooo comfy!

I didnt spend big. I jsut got soem full briefss from Target and got a size bigger than I was for extra room.

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

How about the good old bonds cottontails?

Oh, I've got loads of nanna knickers - LOVE the Target ones but I want some pretty, pretty ones with a matching maternity bra and all the girly sets seem to come with bikini or g-string briefs.

Love Target & Big W for nanna undies

A step worse than nanna knickers, but my most comfy maternity undies were men's large cotton boxers. So comfy over stretchmarks, although I had to promise my husband never to wear them again once I gave birth

Have a look at Cake Lingerie, they look pretty similar to HotMilk (or at least they did when I looked at the end of last year )

There is a brand called Womama, another called Freya, and Lovable have a couple of nice maternity sets. I haven't got either but have considered each (just lacked the cash). They're not g-strings. Not sure if they are as generous as you'd (or I'd for that matter!) like, but it's a start.
    I have a Triumph mat bra that is very pretty. I don't have matching knickers for it but I love the bra. It is simple and comfy but is pretty colours (sky blue and pink) and has a nice lace pattern. GL!

ETA: Sorry, were any of those "stupid, tryhard names"?!? A bit clueless here...

LOL hun, I know just what you mean, but ssshhh, no more using that o** word What is it with g-strings anyway?

Best and less usually sell some good nanna knickers, except there not very pretty lol

marks and spencer deliver to australia and have a great reputation for knickers. Exchange rate not so great now but I bought some of their "lace trim middie knickers" and they are the most comfy undies I have had for years.

You know what I have always wondered? How the hell do you cope with haemhorroids and a g string - ewwww nasty! I know gstrings and pregnancy go together like palestine and israel IMO...

I am a bit of an undie pedantic - I have a thing for nice undies and matching is good! So I hear your pain... I had some milk ones and you've already said that didn't work for you. I am sorry I can't help with names - just wanted to lend support to your need for a full coverage!

I also just have to agree that pregnancy and g-strings go together like a knife through butter... Unless you want that feeling of being garrotted then I don't blame you for wanting to keep them well away! Age has nothing to do with it! All of a sudden I'm feeling this violent urge to shove them up the designers... Well, I'm sure you get my drift!

I had a thing for black nana knickers by Bonds when I was preggers and during my BabyMoon. Wore them with a black bra when I wanted to feel all matchy

Eeep I wear g-strings...mainly if I'm wearing leggings or tights pants or a dress...but it's sooo not an age thing. I bought a few packs of bonds cottontails a few weeks ago...oh, the comfort!

Oh hun, I'm wearing non-maternity sets that look nice and even not pg I don't like the g-strings much anymore. Oh the relief the first time DP went out and bought me a set he thought were sexy and they were full briefs!!!!

I'll be taking some tips from here too. Seeing as I'm hoping to need these next year...

Bath, if your g-string is garrotting you maybe you're doing it wrong, you don't need to pull them up so high

hehehe

Have found severalnice sets with full briefs but SOLD OUT so still scuppered. Jennifer check out Freya, lovable and condessa if you want genuine full briefs not bikinis.

Bath have started a pm to you 10 times, hope you don't think I'm rudely ignoring you.

Onyx: nah, the garrotting would probably only occur during pregnancy as the pelvis and tummy widens. Not that I like g-strings as a general concept... Placing all faith in a few milimeters of fabric is too much for my highly strung nerves! LOL gimme coverage, sweet coverage!

Fiona: me paranoid? Hehe