Thread: panda eyes

Default panda eyes

I have very translucent skin, and have had dark circles under my eyes as long as I can remember. Its not diet related, its made worse by my lack of sleep, but all things being equal I'd still have them because the skin around my eyes is see thru.

So can anyone recommend something to reduce the appearance?

Concealer tends to make it worse.

I tried a Lancome product once, but I can't remember what its called. I've also recently been recommended a Mary Kay product.

As far as I can tell, both work by reflecting light off the skin to reduce the appearance.

But do I wear foundation over top? Underneath? Gosh I don't usually wear it at all.

Mmm any suggestions

Jodie259 Guest

you can get a 'green' base concealer that is great for dark circles. You put that under foundation.

to help reduce the dark circles... exfoliate the eye area - gently.
    Sometimes a build up of dead skin cells can cause panda eyes.

Also, use an eye cream - or eye gel - twice a day.

I read somewhere that over time, if not removed properly, mascara can cause staining to the eye area. I take mine off totally...most of the time!!

Ray, I've found when I get lots of sleep they reduce...but that doesn't happen as much as I'd like!

I use foundation, I found concealer, perhaps being too light, or not enough coverage made it look a bit yuk. Whereas foundation (I use a Nutrimetics stick foundation at the moment) seems okay - I use it like a concealer most days actually!

But yeah, would love to know what other people do!

thanks guys. I rarely wear any makeup at all actually so its all a bit new to me.

Hey I didn't notice them the other night at the dinner!

I have two shades of foundation (Clinique, a moisturing one). I use the two shades to conceal my panda eyes too. I also agree that the best remedy is lots of sleep. But it can be hereditary, if so there might not be a lot you can do.

When buying a good foundation get a professional to match it for you so you get an accurate shade. Most high end cosmetic brand sales assistants at Myer do this. Make sure they test it on at least two places, jawline and maybe over a bit of the dark circle. Also buy a moisturising one so that it sits nicely. You don't look like you have oily skin.

If you find and use a foundation that is right for you then it makes you feel 100%. Sometimes it can be hard to find one light enough (most are too dark for me and I'm not as fair as you).

thanks Bath. Yes its a fine line between too place and too dark for me, I have a lot of trouble with foundation. mmm I might have to bite the bullet - take you advice and get some professional advice!

Ray, it's probably no as bad as you think, Bath was right about the other night!

I use the Body Shop Lightening Touch. I'm very fair like you and rings show right UP if I go to bed past 10pm (so I will paste it on tomorrow morning!).

I don't use anything else usually, but if I wear a tinted moisturiser (a good place to start if you don't like foundation) or foundation I put it on over the top.
    It has a great texture, not like the pancaky/crayon type that drags your skin.

Pop in to the Body Shop next time you are shopping, ask them to try it on you. It's about $20-$30 I think, and at least you can feel/see if it suits you.

xoxo

thanks Lulu. I'm having a BSAH party in the new year, but I might sneak in before then and give it a go, especially as its a bout a thrid the price of the product I used to use