Thread: Tattoo advice

Question Tattoo advice

I hope im posting in the right area..

I am wanting to get a tattoo of my DD's name. I have 2 designs and no idea where to have either of them.

Ill post photos of them: Tattoo | Facebook

HELP!!!

I've seen the pictures

I like her first name.. But with different text
    The whole name is nice aswell

Where are you thinking of getting it?

I like the style of writing in the one of her whole name, but I personally wouldn't have her surname on me.

I'm not a big help as to where to put it, but instead of having my DD's first name across the inside of my wrist like alot of people do nowadays, I have hers on the outside of my right wrist/forearm. With a love heart on each end lol. It's only about 10-15cms long. DH has the same tattoo over his heart - minus the lovehearts.

If I were you, I'd get her first and middle names, and leave off her last name. I know I'm being hypocritical, because I've got Ianto's full name and will probably continue that trend with the rest of my kids, but it looks a little neater if it's just name-middle name for some reason.

Could you incorporate a little picture into it somewhere?

Also, where you put in depends on whether you think Kailey will be an only child or you want more. Say you want her name on your wrist - it would look a little unbalanced if you go on to have two more kids. You only have two wrists, so where's the tattoo with #3's name going to go, YKWIM?

Thanks ladies.

I agree with just her first and second name.

I have been talking to my DP about it and he said my back. He said have her name and a picture that way if we have more kids i can just add on. But if its on my back i am less likely going to show anyone as im very self conscious about my body.. arghhh decisions decisions!!

I have a friend who got her sons name on her ankle and she was going to get her daughters name (shes preg again) on the other side and put two hearts to join them.

Is it really the year of the tiger this year? If so i could get a tattoo of a baby tiger underneath her name or above. Or maybe i should just go with a more traditional look with just her first and second name.

Would it look silly on my foot? Like on the side?

I like the first one. you could also put her birthdate under it too. I've been thinking about doing similar but have to wait til DS is off the boob lol.

What do you think about the first one but on my foot like the picture i added??

If our next child is a boy then we are done having kids but i also know it doesnt always go to plan so worst comes to worse i can get a tattoo on my leg if we have more than 2 kids.

Yep, I think it'll look good there

I think its lovely - I'd go with just the first name myself. Probably not on the foot cos I've heard it hurts a lot there and I don't really like pain from needles.. LOL

I'm planning on getting the Godsmack symbol put on my lower back (so yes painful as well) with all the kids names around it - so there is room for 4... LOL

ETA - I sent you a friend request for FB as well

my kids names are on my foot, and yes, it hurts. the skin is so thin there, so there's no padding. but they don't take too long if it's only a name.
    i like just the first name, but not in the first font you had it in, it was a bit hard to read..
    have fun deciding!

I don't usually do too well with pain but since being in labour and having those saline injections in my back i think i would cope fine with getting a tattoo. I'd probably cry but i am alot stronger than i once thought.

I'm thinking my foot as im always wearing shoes that show my feet. I can't wear enclosed shoes makes my feet feel suffocated lol which is really weird i know.

Default Tattoo advice

The foot is one of the most painful places to get a tattoo lots of bones and tendons. But that's where I am thinking of getting mine too. I have one on my ankle and it was fine but the tendon did hurt more.

I love the idea of using kailey's name and the baby tiger.

My advice would be buy a couple of tattoo magazines, or browse one of the tattoo groups on facebook. You will be able to look at how other people have done names and decide if you prefer plain, or with a picture.

As for the placement, decide if you want to show it off or not. I like mine to be seen, but also covered at my discretion, and this helped me decide where to place them. My next one is planned for my lower leg and foot so I can show is off when wearing open shoes or a skirt, but cover it when wearing boots or jeans. Upper arm is not very painful, shoulder and back is. However this is going to be forever and it's going to hurt regardless of placement, so try not to let the likely pain levels sway you too much.