Thread: What marks or Blemishes

Default What marks or Blemishes

Do you have any marks, spots, blemishes that are on your body that are quite unique?

gosh as we get older the list gets longer LOL!

my favourite blemish/mark is a scar on my right shin where i had a malignant melanoma removed several years ago. it is a constant reminder to me not to be complacent with the sun, and it is a great way to get the message across to others that a small funny looking freckle can actually be the tip of an iceburg underneath if you don't catch it early on or better still avoid the problem in the first place.

what is yours soul?

ok .. well i have a scar in between my eyes from spliitng my head open on the side of a water bed when i was small .....

I also have a huge 3rd degree burn on my left wrist ... from the iron

a big fat scar on my right thigh about 1inch long 2cm wide ... from jumping over a tap

a scar on my shin from falling on to an exposed tree root

um thats all i can think of now

lol the scar on my thigh that now stretches it's entire length. I got it falling head first out of my top bunk and into my sister's lap - caught my thigh on the desk corner on the way down....I was about 7ish...nearing 30ish very soon so it hasn't faded much

I have a small scar which I don't even notice any more just above my right eyebrow - from when I got hit by a car when I was 5.

I also have this little tuft of almost white hair on the small of my back - my wookie fur. It's not a blemish as such and I've had it ever since I was a baby. Sometimes I forget about it when I'm wearing hipster pants and then notice that I've been walking around with my 'tail' hanging out. It grows to about 5 cm long. It's very cute but a bit weird.

Bathsheba was chasing me around in a paint store and I cracked my head on a paint tin ,I have a faint scare on my forehead. I have a mole under one of my feel arches.

I have 9 scars.

- 1 on my right ear from when my mum was cutting my hair when i was about 3-4 and accidently cut my ear.
    - 1 on my lip from when i fell over and smashed my face into concret and my tooth went through my lip(also chipping my tooth) i was about 7 then.
    - 1 right between my eyes above my nose from getting hit by a surf board at the beach(that one hurt like hell!), i was 10.
    - 2 on my left knee. 1 of them was when i was 5 at school, a yr6 boy knocked me over into gravel.(this was my first ever scar and is also my biggest) the other is from falling over onto glass when i was 11. It is right underneath the other one so both of them together look like a wonky V shape.
    - 1 on my right arm just outside the inside of my elbow. This was from getting hit by someone at school opening a door right while i was walking past it in a flight of stairs(so couldn't really walk away from the door). The metal bit that locks the door into the wall dug into my arm and scratched it about 6cms long. I was 16.
    - 1 on my left pinky finger. I honestly have no idea how i got this one. It's the shape of a circle lump only about 0.5cm in diamter, very weird.
    - 1 on my left middle finger from a very bad paper(or should i say cardboard) cut.
    - And finally 1 on the inside of my left foot where my dog scratched me.

Luckly though that you can't see them unless i point them out!

Now for the blemishes lol. I have a few on my right calf. Finally worked out that they are probably varocus veins lol! I kept thinking they were perminant bruises or something!

And the only other thing are my stretchmarks from DD and DS. I wear them proudly!
    Last edited by Antheia; November 26th, 2007 at 12:14 AM.

mmmmmmm stretch marks I had forgotten about them. I have more lines on me than a Sydney road map!!

I have a birth mark, which looks like a massive mole, on my right knee, it is the shape and size of my thumb print and it always reminds me of my granddad because he used to say to me "Thats where there dr grabbed you to pull you out!" LOL!

I have many moles, always have, and DS has one on his arm already. We're in the UK and had no sun this summer so it can't be from that!

I have scars down the outside of my feet where my bunionettes were removed - the legacy of wearing too many too high heels too young. I have large scars from 10 years ago that are only just starting to heal away on my right arm and a knuckle on my left hand that were my "cry for attention" scars.

I have way too much hair on my arms and legs, they're like man-limbs. (DS has a cute hairy lower back.)

I also have a scar on my knee from coming off my bike.

Think that's all of them, no stretchmarks (yet!).

Quote Originally Posted by rosehannah View Post
    Bathsheba was chasing me around in a paint store and I cracked my head on a paint tin ,I have a faint scare on my forehead. I have a mole under one of my feel arches.
    That's why you became a faster runner hey? You forgot to say about the other scar on your forehead that you got from running into the back of our car when you were about 3! Oh and lucky you didn't get a scar from trying to run through that flyscreen door when you were 10!!! I was sitting on the other side and saw your face moosh up against the screen. Did the dog get you in the end? (She was running away from our dog) I didn't see 'cos i was laughing too hard.... geeze I'm mean!

My scars are from:

* being hit on my hand by flying molten metal after an aerosol can exploded in a bonfire. My mother had to rip it off after plunging it into cold water. It ran all down the side of my left hand... and some got on my little finger of my right hand where i tried to wipe it off! That scarred too (tiny).

* large scar on my right knee from patella operations.

* A mystery scar on the side of my left knee which I don't recall injuring.

* An oven burn scar on my right forearm.

I don't have any significant freckles etc. Except one INSIDE my left eye! Apparently lots of people have them but don't know it... they are made out of the same stuff (melanin sp?) as moles and can become cancerous if exposed to too much UV light... that's why it's important to wear sunglasses!

I have one of those Inside-eye-freckles!
    I have a very feint birht mark on my left hip.
    I have some (HAHA can't remember what it is in english) marks from a childhood illness on my nose. The one where you get these watery bumps that itch. Just could not keep my hands off them
    I have a scratch mark on my right hand that I got from scraping it against a building. The wall was these little stone pebbles and it must have been dirty, because it took like months to heal
    I have a scar on my right leg where someone threw me with a javiline - YES!!!
    On my left shin there are a scar where some boy tackled me into a rivier and dragged me over a rock - IDIOT!!
    I have LOADS of strechmarks, not from being pg, but from being growing to fast. That is what I tell myself, but honestly I was fat in highschool!! On my boobs, my hips, behinde my knie, back of my armpits.
    Then I have my c/s scar. I am very proud on. It healed so nicely and are straight and just perfect.

That is about it.

My mum and I share the same birth mark on our left knees! Exactly the same place and exactly the same shape! Pretty freaky hey I really hope one of my kids gets it aswell! Its a pretty cool thing to have!
    i also have annother birth mark on my elbow!
    No scars really just little ones from being a kid!

Forgot to add my baby lines( stretch marks) They dont really bother me as it remonds me of my pregnancy! And the ones on my boobs remind me of how wonderfull I feel when feeding Myles!

x
    Last edited by boomba; December 15th, 2007 at 10:39 AM. Reason: forgot somethings!

SUPER-MUM Guest

When I was 6 months pregnant with my beautiful baby boy I got a bad rash all over my body that looked like Chicken Pox, but the Doctor said it wasn't.
    It eventually cleared up but after my son was born I noticed I still had a tiny pinkish spot on the top of my lip which to this day is still prominent in the form of a small round skin coloured scar. Maybe it's a special mark or sign of my sons birth.

I have a scar down inbetween my breasts from an operation correcting the hole in my heart. (8yo)
    i have a one on my foot from an oyster shell (ouch)
    stretchmarks (more like the road map to nsw not just sydney)
    scar on my right shoulder (where my second head was LOL, nah it was a mysterious lump we didnt know what it was so it was removed)
    one on my big toe, it nearly removed my toenail completely from a butcher door...
    thats about it

I have a birthmark on my left forearm and a few moles and freckles over the place. I have 3 tiny little scars on my belly (in my belly button, one a bit lower down and one on my bikini line) from my laparascopy. I can only start to see the one in my belly button now that my belly is growing!

The most recent scar is still healing and is from when I had my appendix out after xmas. I have started to rub scar serum into it to help it along since the belly is stretching too.