Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Shampoo / Conditioner do you use?

Default What Shampoo / Conditioner do you use?

Just wondering what other peoples use.....

Currently, i use Herbal Essence, and it is great on my hair. But, i wash and condition it every day, and, i like to use lots, so, i am thinking that at about $7.50 for 400ml is just getting to much. ( i know that there are alot more expensive stuff out there)

I was thinking about switching to Tresemme, only because have heard so much about it, and twice as much for only a couple of extra dollars. But, the bottles are so big! I would hate to buy it, and then discover it is crap.

Anyone use it? What is good & value for money.

I use Tresemme! I bought it in about July last year, a huge bottle of shampoo and conditioner only $10 for the two (think it was a special).
    It has been great for my hair, I use the one for coloured hair... I haven't had any problems at all. I am still on the same bottles too, 9 months later, so great value!

Hey mum2bee - we use Tresemme and find it fantastic... absolutly love it ... i have been trough so many different shampoo's and con's finding the right one for my hair... and Tresemme has worked way better for my hair then the more expensive ones

i use RPR tis expensive around $50 for 2 1 litre bottles, i cant use one with too much silicone in them, makes my hair limp, but maybe i'll give tresseme ago, where do you get it from?

Isiss Guest

I use Avon's Curly and Chic. Its really good, and my hair loves it. Only thing I would complain about, is that it makes the floor of the shower REALLY slippery.

AJP - you can buy it from ...Big w... kmart...chemist's ... im not sure abt supermarkets??? its worth testing it out i think

My hair USED to love Schwartzcopf or Sunsilk. Now it hates EVERY single one out there!
    Argh...

And yep, tresseme you can get from pretty much every supermarket.

*Dani* Guest

Just be careful about using tresseme if you have coloured hair than it can strip out the colour very quickly. Also be aware of shamp and cond's that have silicone in them (pantene) they can prevent any chemical services (colours perms etc) from working in your hair!

Hello, I use Herbal Essence too! Mostly because other shampoos make my scalp itchy and flake and it doesn't (originally bought it for the chamomile). I've noticed it's often on special buy one get one free at places like Priceline or Kmart, I usually stock up when I see it cheap at the shops.

I use what ever is on special and what smells dont affect my nose and not make me wanna be sick!

I'm with Kimbaz
    Whatever is on special

AJP - i went onto Tresemme website - if you register with them - they send you a free sample, so, figured why not.

I have tried other brands, but most of them just seem to be crap on my hair. Makes it dry, knotty, and just crap. Used to love pantene before they changed it, never had luck with sunsilk or swartskopf (SP). Occasional use of some of the cheaper ones is good, but, not for long term. So hard!

Yeah I use Herbal Essences that's really good on my hair and smells so nice...

also been using "natural instincts" brand of shampoos and conditioners as they are chemical -free and no nasties in them makes me feel good to use that once in a while as a break. but they dont seem to be as moisturising on my hair!!!!!! you can get them from chemists and pharmacies that sell them. there is a website for them too.

I'm using Garnier Fructis at the moment, but my hair is so frizzy and curly that no shampoo/conditioner stops every day being a bad hair day lol.

Whilst I never get my hair cut there, I don't mind the Stefan brand shampoo and conditioner. And for the volume, it's not too expensive either, and it smells great.

I'm with you mum2bee - my hair used to love Pantene, but doesn't anymore. I hadn't realised that they'd changed it, but that makes sense.
    Last edited by Cherie; May 1st, 2007 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Spelling - thanks Jelvie :)

Cherie - i noticed the difference when they changed their packaging a few years back. Have never used it since.

I use PPS classic blonde... but sometimes I use Tigi Bedhead Dumb Blonde

Due to my ecezma i have to use a low pH shamp & conditioner - the best one i found out there was 'Hairscience' by Ego (Qv)

Jillian - the first thing i was told by my dermo was the above - only use low ph - which rules out anything bought in the supermarket. As it rinses down your body it will affect your skin, even if you don't have problems with your scalp.

You can get Hairscience from priceline or other pharmacy's, and apparently any shampoo they sell at like Petra etc should be low pH (but check it out first). I found they were really expensive and i didn't think that good!

As soon as i thought my skin was back to normal i would change back to pantene or something from the supermarket, and immediately my skin was shocking, so now i don't even try

Ive used Tresseme and found it to be okay - but I have now switched to Organics (i think thats what its called) and I love it, its much cheaper than the rest (I get it from Safeway / Woolies) and it works wonders for my hair which I too wash on a daily basis and I think it is certified organic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast