Thread: Winter Coat - Where Else Can I Look?

Default Winter Coat - Where Else Can I Look?

I've got a bit of a thing about jackets and coats but I do actually need a really good quality winter coat. I've got a couple of cheapies and a couple of raincoats and they don't cut it.

Thing is I'm still not over a winter coat I bought about nine years ago and promptly left in a bar after one too many ****tails on my birthday. I have been in denial and haven't really come to terms with it until now -it's time I got a replacement. It was a belted trench (before they were 'in'), single breasted, three-quarter length, wool, really light but really warm with a gold silky lining. Bought from Jigsaw.

I'm driving myself batty. I'm not trying to find a replica - I just want something that feels special. And if I can't find special, then I may go cheap and funky.

This is where I've tried so far: Cue, Witchery, Jigsaw, FCUK, Jacqui E, Events, David Laurence, Target, Portmans, Country Road.

WHere else can I try?

Have even resorted to checking UK websites now but would much prefer to try on.

Lightbulb

Hi you could also try,

Myer`s,Miller`s,Big-W,Suzzane`s,Katies,....or another place that has a really good selection at their bigger stores is St Vincent De Pauls( Vinnies!) lol.They have top brand names at such a cheap price,I know there second hand,but maybe you might find something and have it Dry cleaned. Just trying to help with suggestions.....good luck.

David Jones or Myer in the city perhaps? That street that I can't remember the name of? Someone help, my mind's gone a bit blank.

Try TVSN - shopping channel. Look under fashion/jackets and coats. The beauty here is they offer 30 day money back guarantee - just gotta keep tags on. They also offer part payment on more exxy items. Doesnt hurt the credit card so much.

Ive bought a white long coat from here last year and i always get comments when i wear it.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

There is a coat shop on hmmm road that crosses lygon from cemetry rd road becomes eastern fwy ? alexander pde.

So its out your direction msg me if u want more info as to where it is, never been in there but driven past many times.

Georgie Parker was on a Katies ad recently modeling red trench coats - I am sure they have other colours

Sportscraft has got some very, very lovely coat numbers this season!!

mmm, there is somewhere (someone??) called The Coat Man which was recommended to me when I was looking for a coat a few seasons ago.

ah, just google it-
    looks good.
    Last edited by christy; March 30th, 2009 at 08:44 PM.

ooooooo, just been checking out coatman.....now I want a coat. i like the 7/8 length belted trench coat....

I saw some coats in a recent catalogue from Ezibuy.
    Going to google for the coatman and check it out..

you need to go Op shopping!!! lol

there is a really great one in Chapel st in Windsor that does FANTASTIC authentic retro coats...I have two from there I still love, and they are brilliant.

If you want a GREAT coat, go find one that is well loved I never buy my coats new anymore, love them to have life, and they are all unique and you wont see 6 other women in the car park with them on

I actually scored a really great mid-thigh length swing/trench coat from JayJays last year... I only got to wear it once because it never gets cold here but I imagine it would be lovely in a cooler climate. It was really cheap, too - I paid probably $50 for it?

Heavy Red (google them) also does some cute coats - and because they're an American company they're designed to be pretty heavy-duty (ie nice and warm, not flimsy at all!). Their stuff can get a bit exxy (by the time you do currency conversion and international shipping) but the service is great, shipping is fast, and the product itself is so lovely you almost don't want to wear it!! I'm just checking their site now, it appears they've only got a couple of coats at the moment (the 'Sonnet in the Rain' trench is very pretty though), but keep checking back or try eBay to see if you can find some more!!
    Oh, and their sizing runs a bit small so order the next size up