Thread: Would you buy a bra online?

Default Would you buy a bra online?

I've just found a website that sells all kinds of bras (new, not used!) including bigger nursing bras (which I need, and are VERY hard to find!) They are members of the Better Business Bureau, have a rating of 4 1/2 stars out of 5 from an online store rating system. They have lots of positive feedback posted on their site. I asked a few questions via e-mail, and they responded within 24 hours. They also give you directions on how to measure yourself and find out what size you SHOULD be wearing. (And like most women, I was wearing the wrong size. Currently squeezing into a 38DD, when I should be in a 34H/I!) All of this gives me a pretty good feeling about buying from them, and they offer free shipping, and their prices are better than in the stores around here. But would you buy a bra online? I mean, you can't try it on before you make up your mind! You can't really compare different styles for fit and comfort, etc. I can return it if I don't like it, but then I do have to pay the shipping, which isn't the end of the world, I guess. I just can't make up my mind!
    What would you do? (Google "breakout bras" and you should come up with the site, if you are curious.)

I wouldn't for the reason that if they don't fit I would have to send them back and get more. I find it hard to buy bras as it is without doing it online LOL.

I would have said no but I bought hot milk bras online from mother's direct. I rang them with my measurements to double check my size and they fit perfectly.
    TBH it was a whole heap easier than trying on in the shop with my children racing around trying to tear stuff off racks.

i buy bras online all the time (from zodee usually) and haven't had a problem yet. i know my size pretty well though as i got professionally fitted.

I would, if I could find the same kind of bra in a shop in real life and try it on. Otherwise I'd be worried about getting one that doesnt fit.

I bought an Elle maternity bra online from Zodee & it was great. However living in a remote area I buy online all the time & just deal with it LOL. Though I wouldn't buy it on ebay, only from somewhere I can return the item if not suitable. I love the Zodee site!!

Yep I bought maternity bras from blest bras and they have a great return policy - I was pretty sure of my size and had no worries. I would check delivery times, and also what their return policy is.

I have bought bras on line from the UK and had no problems - I think when something was the wrong size we just returned it and got another.....

Only if it was to replace something I already had. I'll be doing some hunting soon though as i know I have changed size since my last non-BFing state. I'm keen to find some high cotton percentage ones... really dislike synthetics against my skin.

I love online undie shopping and do it a lot. But this is because my size (was 32A, now 34B) means that you're stuck with ugly, plain bras if you don't. Yes, some don't fit too well (2-3 of my 30 or so bras - when I found nice ones I got a bit obsessive after years of plain), but most do and I now know which brands to get! I love wearing nice underwear that matches so, for me, on-line is the way to go. Breaastfeeding-wise, it has been a lifesaver as I can't find bras my size in the shops and my 6 breastfeeding bras fit beautifully.

OK, so some of you are brave enough to try it. I think I might give it a shot. After all, I can't find anything else around here that actually fits, and the prices are good online, so what is there to lose, really?
    Let's hope it's a good experience.
    And now to make up my mind, which one to buy.....

Hi Cricket

I have bought all my maternity bra's on ebay and wouldnt dream of paying shop prices now. I got two Berlei bras for $19.99 each (RRP $34.99) and two Elle McPherson bras (and now I wish I had bought a few more as they are to die for) for only $34.95 (RRP $59.95).