Thread: new slow cooker need help please!!

Default new slow cooker need help please!!

hi everyone,

i brought a new SC an want to cook spag bowl using the slow cooker for dinner but just the mince the pasta ill just cook normally.

so my question is can i just throw frozen mince an other ingrediants cover with water an let it cook?? if so how long would anyone suggest??

thanks in advance.

I don't know if you can do it that way, I've always browned the mince in a frying pan first. Hopefully someone else can tell you!

I probably wouldn't put it in completely frozen...you would also end up with a lot of water in it at the end because unlike cooking on a stove the water can't evaporate as easily. I've never put mince in my slow cooker, but I often put almost-but-not-quite defrosted chuck steak pieces in, I wouldn't put them in frozen though.

i've thrown frozen mince in mine, with the veges, herbs, and tomato base for the bolognaise. tasted beautiful. don't cover it with water, there will be enough water in the frozen mince. just make sure you give it a bit of a stir, and 'break up' the mince about 2 hours into cooking.

thanks everyone ive just put the mince in frozen with tomato paste,herbs and garlice i usually put some water with chicken stock as well so ill see how it is in about two hours when i break it up and maybe add some stock or a little more water with stock hopefully it turns out nice