Thread: Slow cooker- which one?

Question Slow cooker- which one?

Just a few questions, didnt know whether to put it here or in the slow cooker part. feel free to move mods if you need to.

What size slow cooker do you have? And how much food do you get out if, Im thinking about making things in advance nad freezing etc.

What brand? and how much roughly did it cost?

I have a sunbeam one, but I did not buy it brand new its one of the really old mustard colour ones and it is great, I love it,
    just thought I would post that as it must be a fairly good brand to still be working perfectly after all these years. and it is pretty big.
    Last edited by *Elle*; April 14th, 2007 at 04:45 PM. Reason: spelling

I just bought a Russell Hobbs 6 litre one for $49.95 (on special at Target). It's got two sections - one side is 4 litres and the other is 2 litres.

I currently have a Thai green chicken curry in it (recipe taken from slow cooker chatter #12), so will know how it works later tonight when I taste it!

I've used the 4 litre side for this recipe and there's plenty for leftovers.

get a big one! 5 or 6litres is best. And they are on special every week between kmart and target-- roughly $50

I have a ronson manual 6 ltr and a breville 5.5 ltr digital timer one... they are both great I would also like a small one LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Cai: Can you see if you can please find that guinness recipe for me? pretty please?

Oooo sorry hon! I thought I posted I did a search yesterday and couldn't find it... I think you might need to email bec as I think she was the original poster... I'll look in my sc cookbooks and see if I can find one (I'm pretty sure I have one).

*hugs*
    Cailin

oh good so its not just me who cant find it!

Ill email Bec..thank you!