Thread: Getting my tubes tied

Default Getting my tubes tied

Not sure if this is the right place for this.

I'm considering (well more than considering, I have an appointment booked in a week to see a gyno) getting my tubes tied. I have 2 miraculous children, am 38 and my "time" is behind me.

Any words of wisdom? I feel a bit of loss already even though I know it's the right thing for me...

Hi darl big decision to make but im sure you will make the right one. I had mine done in march 2006 and by october i was having a reversal. Long story but my periods were heavier and the pain and i also decided to have another bub. The doctors will tell you there are NO side effects but there are. In saying that some women never have any probs and everything turns out for the best. If you look under medical conditions there are a few different threads to look at.
    Look luck

also on the side effect front my gf is currently 17 weeks pg after having hers done 12 months ago....
    seems the clips werent done properly...

you know what is right for you, and if this is the way you want to do it then go for it.. but have a good chat to your doctor

mine were done in November 07 .. For a few months there I had some very odd cycles.. 7 days on 7 days off.. very frustrting.. Only been about 8 months or so since they settled down into some sort of pattern...

I think you need to be 100% certain you want to do it..

Just a quick update:

I saw Dr Mark lawrence this morning and he was really lovely (I haven't seen him before). He put my mind totally at ease and I'm booked in to have the procedure in about 3 weeks. It's a same day thing and done under a GA, laproscopically.

Wish me luck!

Good Luck.. I am sure all will be fine.. My neighbour across the road had hers done about 9 months after her last baby under a GA and she is having the exact same experience as me..

Only thing I would suggest is to rest up more for a few days afterwards. My neighbour didn't and said she hurt a bit on day 3..

How was it? Any hints/tips?

Hi Danni, would you believe I chicken out!!! I saw the Dr, booked the surgery date and then cancelled it...

It's now 12 months later and I am seeing the same dr in a couple of hours, yes I'm nervous, scared, apprehensive, all those things. BUT, this time I am going to do it. I will be 40 next year and I simply cannot face another 2-3 years without sleep. I love my 2 babies desperately and I would willingly give my life for them but I'm just so terribly tired. My babies sleep very very badly, I was up 4 times last night with my lil princess and I just can't start all over, I don't want another baby. There, I've said it! I DON'T WANT ANOTHER BABY!

I'm not an awful person, and yes all babies are precious miracles but there are other Mummy's who are waiting patiently with open arms and hearts full of love for their turn to come.

I wish the best for each of you and I hope your dreams of motherhood come true.

It's time for me to hang up my baby making bits and begin the next step of my life. xxx