thread: Butterfly cake.

Nov 2009
    Vic

Butterfly cake.

Hi all.
    I am very challenged in the cooking ability department
    I would love to make DD a cake in the shape of a butterfly. No sponge type jam and cream in the middle though.
    Does anyone have a fairly simple but delish recipe? Would love to hear your ideas

TIA
    Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Add TeniBear on Facebook Follow TeniBear On Twitter

Oct 2009
    Lalor, VIC

If you get a bar tin and a round tin, you can use the bar cake for the body. Cut the round in half, straight edges facing out, and you've got wings Bit of licorice for antennae, nice colourful icing in random patterns, and you're set! If you want to be a bit more tricky you could shape the wings a little more...

Sent from my iPhone, probably while a toddler sits on my head.

BellyBelly Member

Dec 2005

or if you have a love heart cake tin you can do two of these as the wings and then the same as above! :-)

2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

Mar 2010

I used a love heart tin for the wings and then muffins for the body. It looked awesome, and no cutting required which made icing it easy!

Jan 2007

I've done one where you make a decent sized round circle cake, then cut it in half, and switch the sides around and ice with whatever you like! Will see if I can find a link for you!!

ETA: Here is its! The notches you cut out for the wing shape become the body!! flutterby.jpg

Nov 2009
    Vic

Thankyou everybody!!! What great ideas!!!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2