Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custard for Custard Filled Profiteroles?

OMG you are soooo wicked, Lucy. They sounds wonderful.

Thinking I might make some for the next family gathering (although they taste too yummy to share!)

ETA: Where's Melinda? She's always up for something good and yummy! Mel... has the profiteroles & Mars Bar sauce reached you yet lovey?

Go the Packet Mix!!! I use it all the time. Just make it up double the amount (maybe even a bit more) so that it goes really thick, let it cool a bit, then just spoon it into the proffiteroles.
    SOOOO nice.

I Gotta Try This!!!!!!

OK, I'm wondering instead of opening the profiterole up could you possibly use a piping bag to fill it up? Just push the tip through instead of cutting the prof open? Has anyone done this? Or should it be opened up?

Nic

Nic..........absolutely that works.....if you have a small plain round metal piping nozzle, this is perfect....use a small knife to slit the profs open to let the steam out instead of a skewer, then when you come to fill with cream or custard, pipe in......that is what we used to do when I worked in restaurants.Then if you have a bit of cream popping out the bottom of the prof, it helps them stick to the plate better, so better presentation/carrying accross a busy restaurant!

I do it exactly how Lucy mentioned I just used a plastic one though and didn't worry about steam as I did it when they cooled I've even cheated and bought the profs already made from coles if I'm desperate and piped them with browns custard and just made a choc ganache to coat them in.

ETA: Dufus here, yep I do skewer to release steam... I thought you meant pipe them hot LOL! Helps if I read the recipe... I was rather confused...

*hugs*
    Cailin
    Last edited by Rouge; June 20th, 2006 at 02:00 PM.

Thanks ladies Will definately gives these a go, just not sure when...

Nic

OK, I was going to tackle these next week, but couldn't stop thinking about them so made them for dessert tonight! They were delicious! I'm quite proud of myself for making them, I thought it would be a disaster.

DD loved them, and finally after her 7th...Yes her 7th profiterol, she decided that her tummy was finally full LMAO!

Nic

yuuuummmm making this for mothers group tomorrow!!

I'm coming to your mum's group Jols, OK?

me too!!! i waaaaaaaaaaant some!

the more the merrier!!! making banana bread too!!

Ok, so I know this is a 4 year old thread :0 but thought I would repost in here instead of starting a new question thread about it..

So I made this quite a few times and everytime everyone has loved it. I was thinking of making it again tonight (DS's 2nd birthday and he has a dislike for cake??) and wondered how long i could make the profiteroles before hand? you know, how long can i go without filling and eating? Rouge?? Help me PLEASE !! Lucy isn't on line anymore is she??

You can make the profiteroles a day or two in advance, just don't fill them. The day before is best though, you don't want them to go soggy if you wrap them in gladwrap or similar too long, they go soft.

You can make the creme pat filling though a couple days ahead as well and then you can just put them together on the day.

Good luck!!

Apparently a week in an air tight container, in a dark cool place but not the fridge (so long as they have completely cooled, and dry so put a slit in the side to let them dry completely before storing). When do you plan to have them?

Awesome, thanks Rouge and Limeslice
    I was planning on having them tonight, but the afternoon got away on me, so possibly the weekend. When I've made them I've usually filled them as soon as they are cool then they are eaten pretty much straight away lol. That's why I wasn't sure on how much time I could actually leave in between cooling and filling. Thanks girls

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12