thread: Gluten free biscuits that don't taste like crap

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Oct 2008
    Melbourne
    238

    The Gluten free scallywag blog has some really great recipes, heaps of them.

    The chocolate chip cookies on Nellbe's gluten free kitchen blog worked perfectly for me, and so yummy! PM me if you would like the links

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Aug 2008
    Ouiinslano
    5,303

    I have one for GF melting moments. I have actually never tried them, they get eaten too quick, but the GF eaters tell me they're awesome and I am always getting pestered for the recipe. They're also dairy free.

    The shortbread recipe on the rice flour box can be made with the Orgran GF mix and is yummy.

    And the whole Leda range, if you want to buy them, are delishalicious.

  3. #3
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Jan 2006
    11,633

    Thanks Sarebear - I found the recipe for the choc chip biccies. Looks nice and simple, just the thing for me

    Audax, maybe you need to get baking to try and lure this baby out... And can you share your recipe?

  4. #4
    Registered User

    Aug 2008
    Ouiinslano
    5,303

    So today I have made mango chutney, tom yum soup, pesto, hommus and a mixed berry coulis. Baby not budging!

    Will share the recipe when I can drag myself the full two metres to my recipe book to get it out...

  5. #5
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Jan 2006
    11,633

    Just be sure to share before you go into labour....

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Sep 2009
    785

    Greek Almond Crescents

    These are devine and super easy.......if you like almonds

    Makes about 25, they keep in airtight container for about a week and you can freeze them from up to 3 months.

    3 Cups (375gms) almond meal
    1 Cup (250gms) caster sugar
    3 drops almond essence (I tend to put a little bit more, but it's generally to your taste)
    3 egg whites lightly beaten
    1 cup (80gms) flaked almonds

    1. Prehead oven to moderate

    2. Combine almond meal, sugar and essence in large bowl. Add egg white, stir until mixture forms a firm paste.

    3. Roll level tablespoons of the mixture into the flaked almonds, roll into 8cm logs. Press on any remaining almonds. Shape logs to form crescents. Place onto baking paper lined oven trays.

    4. Bake in moderate oven about 15 minutes or until browned lightly. Cool on trays.

  7. #7
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Jan 2006
    11,633

    Tried the choc chip cookies yesterday - worked great, thanks! Very sweet....

    Will try the almond ones today