thread: Help!! Urgent cream question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Mar 2008
    Vic
    4,806

    Thanks girls, I'll give the castor sugar a go! I did the buttercream yesterday, but its all coloured (building him a rubix cube cake) so won't look flash in the layers in between! I knew the skewer idea, I did that last week with another cake. Thanks

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Jan 2006
    The Hawkesbury
    4,505

    Hey just a question? are you covering the cake with fondant after the buttercream? If so using cream wont work as cream will need to be refrigerated and you cant put a fondanted cake in the fridge or it will sweat. Just thought id ask.

  3. #3
    2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Mar 2008
    Vic
    4,806

    ShootingStar - Not covering with any fondant, just the buttercream, thanks for the tip though