Thread: Pavlova...

*TamaraP* Guest

Default Pavlova...

What's your Pavlova recipe???

Nice and easy.

Mine is to buy the base and top it with whatever we like... this year we are putting cream, strawberries, blueberries, mango, peaches, passionfruit and starfruit on it for christmas dessert. Yum and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Mine is to buy the base and top it with whatever we like... this year we are putting cream, strawberries, blueberries, mango, peaches, passionfruit and starfruit on it for christmas dessert. Yum and easy.
    ROFL - I was going to post "buy the base and decorate!" I'm too scared to make pav but my BF makes a wicked one!

mooshie Guest

i actually make a really nice quick easy one it is out of the woman's weekly best ever recipie cook books. if you still need the recipie i will try and dig it out for you, have been cleaning here and all my recipie's are in a box ready to be sorted

*TamaraP* Guest

Thanks Mooshie, but don't stress. I got mine from my old High School cook book.. Should work out pretty good.

Tam the best one i know is so so simple

Its 5 egg whites beated until they're stiff, gradually add 10oz suagr (or 2 ounces per egg white if oyu want to make it bigger/smaller)
    A splash of vinegar and a splash on vanilla

I'm not sure of the cooking temp, i'd have to check with mum

This has been the 'family recipe' for so long now and makes the best pav's ever!

How funny.....I've got a chocolate pav in the oven ATM! I'm going to put whipped cream and raspberries on it YUM! It's always a winner.....

*TamaraP* Guest

Yeh well Alan is off to buy a Pav from Woolies... don't ask... but I am so peeved it damn well flopped in the oven, thought, yeh still edible... but then the damn well grease proof paper decided to stick to the bottom even though I sprayed it!!!!

Shhh, don't tell my family I didn't make it though LOL

Oh Tamara! Mine always flop too - hence why I don't do them anymore! Can you salvage any of it? You can make yummy trifles with the broken bits! And don't worry - your secret is safe with us!

MG