thread: Quick q re chocolate measure (for evil bellybelly fudge)

Nov 2006
    Atop the lookout...

Quick q re chocolate measure (for evil bellybelly fudge)

Okay, going to make the famous evil bellybelly fudge, but don't have choc melts, just a big block of cooking chocolate. It weighs 375g. Would this be the same as the specified three cups of choc melts required in the recipe?

Thanks! I can't wait to make and eat this!

Dec 2005
    In Bankworld with Barbara

1 cup of choc bits weighs 175gms, so you wont have enough. You could halve the recipe amounts and make it that way

Dec 2007
    Victoria

1 cup of choc bits is about 152 grams

Jun 2007
    Melbourne, ready to meet peeps IRL

I just made this using 2 easter bunny eggs and three little egg size eggs... OMG its sooooooo good sweet but good...

I dont like cooking chocolate or Dark chocolate and I think the fudge taste just like the chocolate you use so make sure you like the chocolate you use iykwim

Sep 2008
    In a cloud of madness.

ooo this sounds nice...
    is there a recipie somewhere??

Nov 2006
    Atop the lookout...

This recipe gets posted all over the place here. I think it almost needs it's own sticky sometimes! I can't remember who's recipe it was originally, but it is often referred to as "evil bellybelly fudge". Many thanks from me to whoever first posted it!

Evil Bellybelly Fudge

3 Cups choc melts
    1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
    40g unsalted butter
    1x 395g can sweetened condensed milk

place choc melts, vanilla essence, butter and condensed milk in a pan, stir over low heat until melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
    pour into a prepared 20cm tin, cover and refrigerate until firm.

I just made it with 400g milk choc and 100g dark choc, and salted butter, so we'll see how it turns out.