Thread: Ready made icing??

Default Ready made icing??

Hi everyone.

I have decided what cake i will be making for DS first birthday and require ready made icing, also think its called plastic icing? Problem is i cant get it from anywhere here and was wondering if any one has a simple recipe for it? The ones i found so far seem really difficult

We are also going to be going to Perth in 2 wks so if anyone knows where to get it pls let me know.

I have looked in IGA and woolworths here (the only shops we have). I was really sure woolies used to have it when i worked there.

Thanks heaps

I think it's called Royal Icing and it comes in a box. I bought it from my Safeway store(your Woolworths). Good luck finding it.

Do you have a Spotlight store near you????? they have a cake making section and they have pre made icing in 1KG bags

Hope that helps

ebay may be another option if you can't get to the shops or can't find any? I have bought a few cake supplies from ebay as our local woolies sucks!

Nic

No, Royal Icing is the kind that goes hard when dried. it has eggwhites in it. It's the kind used for the little flowers you can buy for cupcakes etc.
    What you want is a soft icing.
    Here's one recipe: Soft icing - Better Homes and Gardens
    I actually have a packet of the Woolworths Ready Made Icing left (My DD turned 1 a couple of weeks ago). If you want, I can send it to you. I don't even want money. It's just taking up cupboard space anyway. Just PM me your address.
    Oh, and I promise, I'm no creep, I won't stalk you or anything

Sasa

Thankyou Ladies

I have spoken to my woolworths again and as they dont sell enough they will only get it around christmas time and stuff!!

Thanks sunshine_sieben for that, its very kind of you. I will PM you my address

Hey Tears of Joy, did you get the Icing, I posted it on Monday

Sasa