Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have to get an AVO put on a 15yr old

Yes you do. You heard the threat. Your DH heard another threat. That's evidence.

Good luck tomorrow.

Hugs Dianne, you need to do this for you and your family's safety. Unfortunately, it may be the only way this kid will stop his behaviour and if it works then in the long run it has done him a favour and hopefully made himself get his life back on track. His poor mum obviously doesn't have any other options left in regards to disciplining him. I hope things improve for you. Good luck x

Went in this morning and applied for the Intervention Order, need to go back this afternoon to see the Magistrate so he can order an interim order to be put in place. Thanks again for all your support and advice.

Regards,
    Dianne

Dianne - you are having such a bad run at the moment. I don't have any advice, but I really hope that things are sorted out quickly. Sounds scary!

The interim order was granted yesterday and the police served it this evening. I just received a phone call from the boys mother, she's changed her tune somewhat now. She said her boy said it was so and so who through the rocks and stole the bikes and someone else made the threatening phone calls. She wanted to give me names and addresses of these boys, I told her to give the details to the police if she wishes. She also said that my DS has been throwing rocks on her roof, I didn't want to get into an argument with her, so I said I don't think it's appropriate for us to talk about this as the order has already been made.

Regards,
    Dianne

Sorry I didn't see this earlier DS ... I'm sorry you've had to go down this path.

FWIW, if you have the days the calls were made, the police are able to put a request into the telecommunications carrier for any call details made to your house - even from a private number. The call details are held in the exchanges for a number of months, I've seen them pulled about 4 months after the calls were made. As long as there is the permission of one of the parties, they can do it, otherwise it's a warrant that's served and all that entails.

kaz

glad it has been served. Don't bother to speak to the boys mum, you don't want a 'he said, she said' argument going on. You have done the right thing and if anything else happens then you have the law on your side. GL

Oh my gosh hon. Be extremly proud that you said what you did to her on the phone...I dont think I could have been so mature about it.
    I hope that it solves the problems that yourves been having with this boy...lets hope that he's mother does step into his shoes now

smiles4u Guest

Dianne all i can say i can't express how much i truly hope you get some peace soon, you certainly have had a rough run for sometime !!

Love & hugs to you lovely lady, all i ever see through your posts & threads is your one darn amazing Mum

I'm glad you got the Interim Order, good luck for the next hearing.

FWIW, if his mother does call her again, it would be best to stop the phone call - she really shouldn't be calling you when her son has an Intervention Order which stops him from contacting you, IYKWIM. The Intervention Order stops him from asking someone else to contact you on his behalf, so he could get in trouble if his mother is seen to be passing messages or trying to mediate the situation. Perhaps tell her to get a lawyer (for her son) if she doesn't understand the Order.

Definately won't accept another call from her if she tries to ring again. You are absolutely right, he cannot ask anyone else to contact us on his behalf.

Regards,
    Dianne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12