Thread: Have some evidence, not sure if it can be used in Court though

Default Have some evidence, not sure if it can be used in Court though

This is regarding the Intervention Order case. I have been checking regularly the boy's Facebook page in case he publishes something flammotory against DS. This morning he has published about how drunk he got last night and how much he annoyed a boys mother where he slept over and the mother kicked him out. This just confirms to me that I did the right thing to not accept a promise from him as if he is getting drunk he is not in the right mind and could do more harm to us. I'm just not sure if this could be used in Court though.

Regards,
    Dianne

Are you representing yourself in court?

I'd do a screen dump of the page and print it out. That could still be seen as 'hearsay evidence', but it could count towards his behavioural history.

It could also go against you though (hence the question of whether you're representing yourself) as you've purposely looked onto this boys FB page, which the judge may not appreciate given he's a minor. In saying that I can TOTALLY understand why you would have done that, and I would have probably done the same thing!

Thanks Leesa, I am getting legal representation for the next hearing. My concern is as you say me looking at his facebook profile. Hopefully will be receiving a call tomorrow.

Regards,
    Dianne