Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ideas for my brothers 16th birthday!

DoubleK Guest

Default ideas for my brothers 16th birthday!

well my little brother (who is now 6ft 1) is turning 16 in August, and im trying to be super organised, and get his present early! or at least decide what im getting him early!

usually i just buy him clothes - we go to the shops together and pick out something. i dont want to give him money, but i have no idea what would be a good present for him to think 'god my sis is the best!' lol

im thinking along the lines of something he can 'do' (you know how for 21st birthdays ppl have drives in v8 supercars or on rally tracks etc)
    im not really sure whats available to 'do'

aarrrgggg any ideas??!!??

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

They can be driven at age of 16 in a V8 so they still get to go real fast, swim with sharks, hot air ballon ride, flight in an acrobatic plane.

A watch.

you can get them a ride in a supercar and they are the passenger!!

DoubleK Guest

ohh really? i never thought about passenger... i might look into that one - swim with sharks wouldnt work - he would freak out! lol and the plane would make him throw up!

excellent ideas ladies! keep them coming!

LOL ahh ok will keep thinking!!

There is lots of compnays that do drives at calder park so just make sure u research for best deals (i got dh a drive in one for his bday and he is about to do it in april) so if u need company names pm me

Rach try googling Red Balloon Days dot com dot au they have lots of 'experiences'

I too have an ubercool younger brother and struggle with his gifts. A couple of years I've looked on Ebay and got him signed poster of bands he loves. One was just a torn out guitar music signed so i had it framed.
    You can often get them really well priced.

DoubleK Guest

roughly how much do they cost? if its pricey, i might speak to mum and dad and we could get it from all of us... im liking the V8 drive - just trying to picture his reaction... i think he would really like it!!

DoubleK Guest

oh Kim thats a good idea! i might look into that as well!

Varys on package u get $200 for 5 laps up to $500 with company i used all i think are about same!

I did a V8 drive one birthday from my DH he thought it was great and in theory it was cool, but it was really only 5 laps for well over $300.

The one i got for dh was $400 and he drives for 12 laps and gets 2 laps where he is passamger at full speed

DoubleK Guest

i wonder if passenger laps are different in price?

*goes off to google*

smiles4u Guest

Thumbs up

Krystal Ball there is a website - Gifts, Gift, Gift Ideas and lots more - Wishlist Australia

I purchased a gift of a different kind off this website !!

They have gift vouchers of all sorts of things TO DO !!

... Adventures, dare-devil stuff & the gift voucher comes securely to your door via a courier in which you sign for (so doesn't go astray)

CHECK IT OUT, ... IT"S WORTH A LOOK !!

Go-karts are ok for 16yr olds, as long as you go to a proper track

I asked DD who is already 16, she said what about an ID bracelet, her BF (18) said something to do with a car since he can get his Ls then can't he? They both wanted to know about what he likes LOL

DoubleK Guest

thanks for the ideas!!

mrsmac, he loves the wrestling (WWE etc) he loves his playstation & Wii, music (listening to, not playing instruents or anything! lol) gee, i dunno!

this is why i thought about something he can 'do' he does have a weak stomach tho, so no real dare devil stuff!

maybe i could look into the id bracelet.. or a nice chain or something, he doesnt have anythign like that.. hmmmmmmm

Does he have an I-pod?

DoubleK Guest

he does.. but he sat on it it still works, but no screen!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast